2017 Reds Thread

HoosierCat

There are a few of the young guys that i'm interested in seeing get playing time, but there's not much of an expectation.
Their pitching is going to be abysmal and their bullpen will end up being the worst in the majors.

Remember that guy they paid a shit ton of money two because he threw 2 no hitters ??
Yeah, Homer...  He's still on the team.  You wouldn't have known that in watching for the past two years though.
When Bronson Arroyo is the best you've got (Desclafani is hurt) you know it's going to be rough sledding.

Wake me when it's football season...

• 3 months later...
On Saturday, April 08, 2017 at 3:59 AM, HoosierCat said:

Playoff tix are going fast! 

As I said, wait for it. Here we are in late July and the Reds again reside in the cellar, 10.5 games out and still sinking.

5 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

They became exactly what everyone thought they would headed into the season.
Sucks for them.  Tons of youth on that team and no pitching.

They traded away all the good pitching. Stupid sons of bitches.

16 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Cozart will be gone by the trading deadline as well. So far I would say they have absolutely fucked this rebuild.

No rebuild will ever work when you get good players and just keep trading them away. The Reds are no more than a farm team for organizations committed to winning.

• 1 month later...

The tribe just won its 12th game in a row.  They're trying to pass the Astros to get 1st in the AL so they can play the wild card team in the first round and avoid the Red Sox until later.  Pretty exciting time to be an Indians fan.  Take heart Reds fans, if it can happen to the Indians, it can happen to the Reds.  Maybe not this year or next year, but it can happen.

1 hour ago, COB said:

The tribe just won its 12th game in a row.  They're trying to pass the Astros to get 1st in the AL so they can play the wild card team in the first round and avoid the Red Sox until later.  Pretty exciting time to be an Indians fan.  Take heart Reds fans, if it can happen to the Indians, it can happen to the Reds.  Maybe not this year or next year, but it can happen.

I wouldn't mind the Indians grabbing some glory. They're due.

I've apparently enjoyed watching a lot more this season than the rest of you.  It's been fun seeing the new guys get some time and I think this team is very fixable.

The offense was surprisingly good...Scooter has been a blast to watch.  I'm excited about Castillo and Stephenson is coming on finally.  It's all about the pitching at this point, but I think we're a lot closer than most people realize.  It won't be next year, but the season after that could be a lot of fun.