Bengals Season 2017 Schedule

OK so we already know who we gonna play .... any idea of when the dates for each game will be released ??

Couldn't remember if it's before or after the Draft

7 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Before. They're saying week of the 17th now.

Excellent - Cheers Hoosier :grin:

No prob. FWIW the Bengals reportedly requested a home game to start this season, though there's no guarantee the league will honor the request. Bengals haven't opened at home since 2009.

In other 2017 news, rejoice all you Phil Simms haters! It appears that Tony Romo will retire and take Simms' job at CBS.

22 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Sometime in the next three weeks or so.

If a frequent poster on a fan website of your NFL team predicts when the schedule will be released, that MIGHT entitle you to a comp pick.  Mike is checking on it.

• Like 1

On 04/04/2017 at 5:04 PM, HoosierCat said:

No prob. FWIW the Bengals reportedly requested a home game to start this season, though there's no guarantee the league will honor the request. Bengals haven't opened at home since 2009.

Final game of the season probably be Baltimore .....again !! (as in 2016, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010)

Wow - looking at those final games (2009 vs Jets was last before it was mandatory divisional game) the only time the final game WASN'T the Ravens was when it was Pittsburgh in 2014....colour me cynical but if the final games from 2010 onwards have all been divisional, and we've played Baltimore 6 out of 7, that means that Pittsburgh have played Cleveland (who've been toilet bad for ever) 6 out of 7 times. Bit of an advantage handed to the Steelers by the League I think !!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Scottishbengal said:

Final game of the season probably be Baltimore .....again !! (as in 2016, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010)

Wow - looking at those final games (2009 vs Jets was last before it was mandatory divisional game) the only time the final game WASN'T the Ravens was when it was Pittsburgh in 2014....colour me cynical but if the final games from 2010 onwards have all been divisional, and we've played Baltimore 6 out of 7, that means that Pittsburgh have played Cleveland (who've been toilet bad for ever) 6 out of 7 times. Bit of an advantage handed to the Steelers by the League I think !!

You got it.  It's always Baltimore it seems....

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, Scottishbengal said:

Too cynical, IMO.   Bengals get the same bad Cleveland team twice and I'd rather have them outside the last week instead of being in the spoiler role the final week.

The Baltimore games at the end of the year (I'm assuming in an attempt to manufacture a rival week) has been a flop.   Every year both or one of the teams have been playoff locked and have been resting starters.  

20 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Too cynical, IMO.   Bengals get the same bad Cleveland team twice and I'd rather have them outside the last week instead of being in the spoiler role the final week.

The Baltimore games at the end of the year (I'm assuming in an attempt to manufacture a rival week) has been a flop.   Every year both or one of the teams have been playoff locked and have been resting starters.  

Ironically, the idea behind making all the week 17 games divisional games (which the league deliberately decided to do a few years ago) was to prevent exactly that: resting starters. It would be interesting to go back and look at seasons before/after the move and see if the policy has actually resulted in fewer "week 17 preseason" games.

I don't know if it's reduced the actual number of preseason week 17 games.   Week 17 has been uneventful for the Bengals since 2011. 

I do think it has pushed back the playoff seedings and scenarios back into the final weeks.   There always seems to be the scenario of Team A winning the division taking a 3/4 seed but IF they don't they wouldn't be a WC team which would put a couple more teams in play.

Even the Bengals down year last season there was the division scenario hope in December, I think just because so many AFC North games still had to play out. 

When the Bengals had their division champ years there were always the annoying scenarios presented that somehow had the Cleveland Browns winning it (lol).  Mostly those were based on AFC North games yet to be played.

3 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

FEELING RIGID !!!

• Like 1

Well we got a home opener...

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-open-at-home-for-first-time-since-2009/3a786ff0-1e62-42c1-9c9e-e07329869df2

Sun., Sept. 10: BALTIMORE, 1 p.m.

Thurs., Sept. 14: HOUSTON, 8:25 p.m. (NFL Network)

Sun., Sept. 24: at Green Bay, 4:25 p.m.

Sun., Oct. 1: at Cleveland, 1 p.m.

Sun., Oct. 8: BUFFALO, 1 p.m.*

Sun., Oct. 15: (Bye week)

Sun., Oct. 22: at Pittsburgh, 1 p.m.*

Sun., Oct. 29: INDIANAPOLIS, 1 p.m.*

Sun., Nov. 5: at Jacksonville, 1 p.m.*

Sun., Nov. 12: at Tennessee, 1 p.m.*

Sun., Nov. 19: at Denver, 4:25 p.m.*

Sun., Nov. 26: CLEVELAND, 1 p.m.*

Mon., Dec. 4: PITTSBURGH, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Sun., Dec. 10: CHICAGO, 1 p.m.*

Sun., Dec. 17: at Minnesota, 1 p.m.*

Sun., Dec. 24: DETROIT, 1 p.m.

Sun., Dec. 31: at Baltimore, 1 p.m.*

Way too early run-through...

Sun., Sept. 10: BALTIMORE, 1 p.m. L 0-1 New o-line gets mauled, Andy is dumped 10+ times.

Thurs., Sept. 14: HOUSTON, 8:25 p.m. (NFL Network) L 0-2 prime time 'nuff said.

Sun., Sept. 24: at Green Bay, 4:25 p.m. L 0-3 team comes out flat after mini-bye as usual

Sun., Oct. 1: at Cleveland, 1 p.m. W (OT) 1-3 woo-hoo off the schnide!

Sun., Oct. 8: BUFFALO, 1 p.m.* L 1-4 Bills always seem to have our number

Sun., Oct. 15: (Bye week, Pacman arrested for drunk & disorderly)

Sun., Oct. 22: at Pittsburgh, 1 p.m.* L 1-5 flat off the bye again, Marvin is a hell of a coach

Sun., Oct. 29: INDIANAPOLIS, 1 p.m.* W 2-5 Hobs writes first "Bengals can run the table and make the playoffs" article

Sun., Nov. 5: at Jacksonville, 1 p.m.* W 3-5 Two-game winning streak!

Sun., Nov. 12: at Tennessee, 1 p.m.* W 4-5 Just one game under .500! Super Bowl Bound Baby!

Sun., Nov. 19: at Denver, 4:25 p.m.* L 4-6  Back to reality.

Sun., Nov. 26: CLEVELAND, 1 p.m.* L 4-7 Hue sticks in the fork.

Mon., Dec. 4: PITTSBURGH, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) L 4-8 game is flexed to 1 p.m. Sunday. Doesn't matter. 

Sun., Dec. 10: CHICAGO, 1 p.m.* W 5-8 time to start losing ground in the 2018 draft!

Sun., Dec. 17: at Minnesota, 1 p.m.* W 6-8 maybe the Vikes fire Zim and he can come back and take over here?

Sun., Dec. 24: DETROIT, 1 p.m. W 7-8 Mike signs Marvin to an extension, hopes die.

Sun., Dec. 31: at Baltimore, 1 p.m.* L 7-9 Hobs writes first "don't expect big changes, Bengals are hard up against the cap" article.