Zeitler to Cleveland

HoosierCat

Act now Bengals fans and get your season tickets for the 2017 season.
Come watch a revamped Bengals team make a push for the Super Bowl.

MISSION: CHAMPIONSHIP 2017 !!!

That's right, along with your tickets to all the excitement, season tickets holders also get:
Access to new bathrooms which contain custom urinal cakes with hated division rivals logos.
Super awesome stickers for your shirt displaying your Bengal Nation pride.
1.5% discount on all clearance items in the pro shop on Tuesdays between 1-1:30 pm.
Entered into a raffle with a chance to win a season's supply of dog bandanas with the leaping tiger logo.
And private access to the new trampoline in the fan zone before open to the general public.

DON'T WAIT BENGALS FANS !!!

Not too upset about this one.    It was expected.   I think you could pay him 100 mil a game and with the looming problems at book ends it wouldn't have mattered.

As for the money.  Good question.   They are 16 mil too the good using last year's cap hits.   They are also down 2 roster spots.

They admitted to be willing to dump 11 or 12 into Whit that won't happen.   

IF it were me I would go after Riley Rief.   Not as good as Whit.   But more than solid at LT and RT.    He gives you insurance at LT with Ooggie and admittedly I'm not convinced Fisher would be better at RT vs. RG.  So that would boost that scenario which is only in my head and never hit actual reality.

2nd - I'd strongly consider Larry Warford.  Wouldn't blink an eye at paying him 8-10 mil a season.  He'd lock down RG and it's splitting hairs between him and KZ.  But problems at book ends still exist and you could pay him 100 mil and it won't make a difference with the expected problems at tackle.

3rd - I'd start pushing that money back into the roster for existing players.   Burfict, Eifert, and yes Dalton will be an issue give the fact Qbs like Glennon are getting 14 mil a year.

So, if current reports are correct, I'm assuming:

Ogboogie
Boling
Bodine
Johnson
Fisher

Westerman could be in the mix, FIsher could move inside, and maybe Winston starts at RT ??
Anyway around, this looks like a huge sh*t sandwich and Dalton is going to have to keep eating.

19 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Oh, and per Owczarski, the Bengals never even made an offer.

They didn't. Even. Try.

Again not upset about it.   However IF that's true.   How could you not tag Whit given that is what you were essentially offering.   Just dumb.

I can understand not going after KZ at highest paid market.  He's not the best guard out there.   He's very good.   But IF he's out of your plans you can't leave yourself unprotected with Plan A and the true elite talent.   Just stupid.

You transition Whit for 12.6 mil.   The right to match would have cooled every team off  in the initial stages of Free Agency the lunacy period.    IT was clear the only shitty teams were going to bust the bank for Whit.   He wouldn't be the crappy ass Lams if a real SB contender was throwing around 17 mil guaranteed.

They screwed that whole thing up.

25 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Oh, and per Owczarski, the Bengals never even made an offer.

They didn't. Even. Try.

It's like they just don't care. Unless Z said don't bother, this is pathetic.

hard to imagine Dre staying, rather be somewhere else now.

9 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Not too upset about this one.    It was expected.   I think you could pay him 100 mil a game and with the looming problems at book ends it wouldn't have mattered.

As for the money.  Good question.   They are 16 mil too the good using last year's cap hits.   They are also down 2 roster spots.

They admitted to be willing to dump 11 or 12 into Whit that won't happen.   

IF it were me I would go after Riley Rief.   Not as good as Whit.   But more than solid at LT and RT.    He gives you insurance at LT with Ooggie and admittedly I'm not convinced Fisher would be better at RT vs. RG.  So that would boost that scenario which is only in my head and never hit actual reality.

2nd - I'd strongly consider Larry Warford.  Wouldn't blink an eye at paying him 8-10 mil a season.  He'd lock down RG and it's splitting hairs between him and KZ.  But problems at book ends still exist and you could pay him 100 mil and it won't make a difference with the expected problems at tackle.

3rd - I'd start pushing that money back into the roster for existing players.   Burfict, Eifert, and yes Dalton will be an issue give the fact Qbs like Glennon are getting 14 mil a year.

They arlready proclaimed they won't sign a veteran. This is quickly becoming a why bother kind of year. 

No Rief, Fluker, Okung. None will be here. No Warford. It'll be Fisher, Ced, Boling, Bodine, Johnson, Winston and a draft pick or two. As of today, Dalton is F'd. 

This dumbfuck should have talked to our last really good guard.  It was Steinbach, he also signed with Cleveland, and I guarantee you he looks back on it as the biggest mistake of his career.

Note to free agents - only go to a team that has a quarterback and is not owned by an inbred truck stop owner.

11 minutes ago, COB said:

This dumbfuck should have talked to our last really good guard.  It was Steinbach, he also signed with Cleveland, and I guarantee you he looks back on it as the biggest mistake of his career.

Note to free agents - only go to a team that has a quarterback and is not owned by an inbred truck stop owner.

There is clearly a massive problem with the Bengals that almost every free agent would rather go anywhere but Cincinnati, despite the perceived success of recent times. Is it just money? Wouldn't surprise me, but why the hell would anyone choose Cleveland etc over Cincinnati? We always seem to miss out on decent free agents, I can't remember too many in 30 years of watching that have joined and made a massive difference? James Brooks, Deltha O'Neal , Adam Jones, Jon Kitna.......

I can however name dozens of crap ones though!!!!!

Hard to stay with a team that cut off negotiation heading into last year and then have an offer to be the highest paid OG in league history.
Is he worth it ??  Well the market says he is, so there's that.
Going to a team capable of pulling that off is key.

Again, 100 million in cap space has to go somewhere.
Might as well build your line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonf45uk said:

There is clearly a massive problem with the Bengals that almost every free agent would rather go anywhere but Cincinnati, despite the perceived success of recent times. Is it just money? Wouldn't surprise me, but why the hell would anyone choose Cleveland etc over Cincinnati? We always seem to miss out on decent free agents, I can't remember too many in 30 years of watching that have joined and made a massive difference? James Brooks, Deltha O'Neal , Adam Jones, Jon Kitna.......

I can however name dozens of crap ones though!!!!!

We miss out on decent FAs because they don't even try to sign them. Just like KZ. They didn't. Even. Make. An. Offer.

They knew last year they were not going to sign him. In which case the thing to do would have been to trade him and get better value than a (maybe) late third round pick.

Our FO is a collection of idiots.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

But wait, didn't they just renovate the team gym ??

What are people complaining about ??

and there's bound to be new T-shirts with this years slogans on for everyone to get on board with.........

how about "same shit, different year"............:confounded:

• Like 1