BWAHAHAHAHA

HoosierCat

Geoff Hobson, the gift that keeps on giving.

The 6-4, 300-pound [T.J.] Johnson, a seventh-round selection in 2013, is coming off his best season and is a leading contender to replace Zeitler if they lose him. Johnson played a career-high 95 snaps and made his first NFL start at left guard in the season finale.

Your Cincinnati Bengals, ladies and gennamun: the leading candidate to replace our all-pro guard is a 7th round pick with one career start.

21 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Your Cincinnati Bengals, ladies and gennamun: the leading candidate to replace our all-pro guard is a 7th round pick with one career start.

Well, at least Paul Alexander is there to ready the un-ready. I think we can all just relax and let coach do his "work". <reaches for the cough medicine, takes a long pull>. 

I feel better all ready. 

I cannot see how Westerman isn't the leading contender to replace Zeitler at this point.
He was actually a highly rated OG with thoughts of him going no later than the 3rd round.
Hell, I think NFL.com had compared him to Alex Mack if I'm not mistaken.
Minus a high round OG, which I think is pointless considering this team's philosophy on OG's, Westerman is about the only intriguing player for me.

EDIT:  Double checked and yep.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/christian-westerman?id=2555131

I wish I knew what the deal was with Westerman. You're right, he was a highly regarded prospect, yet with all the issues we had on the oline last season he didn't sniff the field.

It feels like the pick has gone south fast, but we will see.

58 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Ha ha!  According to Hobs, he had his best season last year!  It might also be noted that he basically had his only season last year.  Dude hasn't exactly been playing.  One start last year in meaningless last game of the year.  Now it's, "he's ready!"  What a load.  

• Like 1

On 3/6/2017 at 7:03 AM, HoosierCat said:

My evil self wants this to happen just to watch the fanbase explode.

I just don't see the need at 9, unless they have no intention to keep Whit, or think Jake or Cedric won't be viable at LT. 

Better to pay Whit and draft an elite LB or DE. 

LT busts are not uncommon so while Bolles looked great at the underwear Olympics, his film/college career does not merit a take at 9 the way Foster or Thomas does. 

3 hours ago, COB said:

Ha ha!  According to Hobs, he had his best season last year!  It might also be noted that he basically had his only season last year.  Dude hasn't exactly been playing.  One start last year in meaningless last game of the year.  Now it's, "he's ready!"  What a load.  

Yup. What Hobs is doing here is called paltering, your vocabulary builder word of the day.