News on our HC

combatbengal

So I know that the media doesn't always get it right and neither do the so called football experts. But on my way in to work this morning, I heard a bit on the sports channel that went something like this. The off season hasn't even started yet, and neither has preseason but there is one coach already on the hot seat and that's the Cincinnati Bengals Marvin Lewis. At the end of last season Marvin Lewis was telling the media that he hoped to have an extension to his contract. It would help the organization, the players and the fans to have him in place after the 2017 season. Well, as of today there is no extension, which means that the players won't be playing for him, they'll be playing for themselves. And if the season starts off wrong and the Bengal start to lose games, Lewis could be gone. What are your thought on this?

In other news, our draft picks have increased to 11. We draft at the following picks, unless we trade:

Round one - pick # 9

Round two - Pick # 41

Round three - Pick # 73

Round four - Picks # 116 & 138

Round five - picks # 153 & 176

Round six -picks # 193 & 217

Round Seven - picks # 227 & 251. 

Marvin can build a winner.    Marvin can't win when the stakes are higher.     I believe in the lame duck coaching scenario and that should be avoided.   But also believe management should be willing to end a contract before the expiration.

So I hope he's on a contract year and YES that could blow up in their faces but at this point, what's the difference?   

Since you asked:

Round one - pick # 9 -- after Whit is lost in FA they panic and reach for an OT, either Ramczyk or Robinson. TV sales in Cincy skyrocket the following day as fans replace the sets they just threw a brick through.

Round two - Pick # 41 -- having missed out on all the top pass rushers after not taking one at 9, they now grab a DE who will be the next Hunt/Clarke.

Round three - Pick # 73 -- Joe Mixon, RB, Punching Women State

Round four - Picks # 116 & 138 -- a couple receivers/CBs/LBs for teams/PS

Round five - picks # 153 & 176 -- see round 4, maybe a project QB thrown in, if so ticket him for the PS

Round six -picks # 193 & 217 -- see round 4, maybe a K thrown in, both end up on PS (yes I'm predicting they will carry a K on the PS this year)

Round Seven - picks # 227 & 251 -- two guys who won't make the roster or PS

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This organization is a walking, breathing abortion.
Only they could let a coach as shitty as Marvin get into a lame duck situation to begin with.
Only the Bengals.

Draft picks ??  Yeah, I've been talking a long time about how there's not enough room for them all.
Does anyone have any thoughts on one of the rookies starting anyway ??

Who cares ??  Stupid fucking Bengals.

I'm writing a 3 part series for the Wall Street Journal reviewing and comparing the all you can eat buffet at Sizzler vs. the all you can eat buffet at Golden Corral.  Pretty sure I posted this in the right thread, mods of course can move it if you guys feel it's necessary.

As far as the article - so far it's pretty much a dead heat.  It looks like it could come down to either the creamed corn or the breaded and fried pork chops that sit in gravy under a heat lamp for 5 hours.

The highlight of Marvin's coaching career was explaining how banks work to Chad on hard knocks.  That was the peak.  The lowlight was probably Marvin watching with a blank stare as Burfict and The Mad Jailhouse Nurse Spitter flushed his first playoff win down the crapper.  Marvin's done.  He's been done.  

A word to the wise - avoid the "candied sausage rolls" at the Golden Corral.  Complete bullshit.  They basically dip frozen Totinos pizza rolls in brown sugar then fry them.  And if you try to take more than a couple at a time at the Golden Corral on East Dublin Road in Columbus, three fat ladies in stretch pants will give you a ton of shit about it.  They're always sitting in the booth by the salad bar (deserted) and they watch those candied sausage rolls like it's their fucking job.

• Like 1

Hey all!  Now that our Corporatocracy has revealed that big companies can just order the police to beat your ass anytime they feel like it, like for instance if you had the nerve to accept their offer to do business, paid them money, then naively expected them to deliver their agreed upon services instead of a bloody pounding, you might be feeling a little down.  

Well, nothing cures those blues like a visit to Golden Corral's all-you-can-eat buffet!  May I suggest the meat loaf?  It's sort of pre-chewed, so even though your teeth are loose from having your face bounced off the aisle of a plane, you'll be able to gently chew that Golden Corral delicacy with no pain.  And their meat loaf is specially formulated to mix wonderfully with the taste of your own blood!  As more and more time in our busy day is spent getting our faces kicked in by corporate gestapo/city police, Golden Corral is becoming a welcome retreat.  Golden Corral meatloaf, just like grandma used to make (if she ever made meat loaf specifically for beating victims).

Marvin sucks, he doesn't deserve an extension.

Hey all!  Now that our Corporatocracy has revealed that big companies can just order the police to beat your ass anytime they feel like it, like for instance if you had the nerve to accept their offer to do business, paid them money, then naively expected them to deliver their agreed upon services instead of a bloody pounding, you might be feeling a little down. 

I can see a whole new business model for Mike Brown here.

1. Sell tickets.

2. Don't play games (and save big money straight to the bottom line!)

3. Anyone who complains gets a visit from Pacman. 

48 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I can see a whole new business model for Mike Brown here.

1. Sell tickets.

2. Don't play games (and save big money straight to the bottom line!)

3. Anyone who complains gets a visit from Pacman. 

They already tried numbers 1 and 2 during the 90s.  And they're acting like they might be headed back there soon.  

Moobs:

“Most definitely I want to be the leader of the room. That’s my goal, Smith said. “I want to have the ‘C’ on my chest if possible. I’m really looking forward to the opportunity to prove to these guys that I’m here to work.”

We know what that C is for, right, COB? (It starts with "Golden" and ends with "orral"!)