Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BengalszoneBilly

So, has anyone seen anything good lately?

Recommended Posts

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, COB said:

I checked out a pretty good movie on a plane.  "Everybody Wants Some."  If you played baseball or went to college in the early '80s, check it out.

I did both and found that movie very unimpressive.  They missed in a lot of spots that had potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stripes    158

Everybody Wants Some was directed by Richard Linklater, and he is probably my favorite director (also known for the Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight trilogy, School of Rock, Dazed and Confused, and Boyhood among others).  His style is unique and minimalist, in that a lot of the bright Hollywood colors and dramatic dialogue are dropped in favor of a basic, more human expression of film.  It's vastly preferable to me, because it feels like I am watching real people instead of the latest ridiculous crap like Spiderman 37.  His movies aren't for everyone though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
COB    280

Just watched "Sicario", a film from 2015.  Check it out if you like action flicks and can deal with some depressing depictions of life in Mexican border cities.  2 great things about it - Benicio Del Toro was fantastic, and the music was great.  1 less than great thing - Emily Blunt, who I've heard of but haven't seen before, was horribly miscast in her role as an FBI agent.  She just did not convincingly portray a woman who would pursue that vocation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoosierCat    362

Binged the Defenders over the weekend. Meh. I think I liked the DuckTales reboot more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArmyBengal    232

I haven't watched a movie in quite some time.
But I am planning a major car purchase in the coming years and have been watching car videos.
Kind of a "Good Job To Me" purchase.  Shhhh, don't tell the wife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
COB    280
14 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I haven't watched a movie in quite some time.
But I am planning a major car purchase in the coming years and have been watching car videos.
Kind of a "Good Job To Me" purchase.  Shhhh, don't tell the wife.

What are you thinking about getting?  I'm assuming this isn't minivan territory.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArmyBengal    232

Everyone has their car they just love. Mine is a ZO6 Corvette. This isn't a today, next month or next year purchase.  However, I'm going to make it happen.  

No we've moved on from the days of mini vans. In all honesty though, our mini vans were freaking awesome with the kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I finally saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2 this weekend. Great cast, excellent storyline and superb soundtrack with Fleetwood Mac and Cat Stevens. This franchise is going to be around for a long time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
COB    280
On 8/23/2017 at 0:07 AM, ArmyBengal said:

Everyone has their car they just love. Mine is a ZO6 Corvette. This isn't a today, next month or next year purchase.  However, I'm going to make it happen.  

No we've moved on from the days of mini vans. In all honesty though, our mini vans were freaking awesome with the kids.

Awesome.  I had a dodge grand caravan when our kids were little that goes down as one of my favorite all time cars.  I'm already several years into my muscle car I could never afford as a kid stage.  Dodge Charger SRT8.  Pretty great horsepower, though I'm honestly just a little too old to recklessly enjoy it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArmyBengal    232
On 8/30/2017 at 4:04 PM, COB said:

Awesome.  I had a dodge grand caravan when our kids were little that goes down as one of my favorite all time cars.  I'm already several years into my muscle car I could never afford as a kid stage.  Dodge Charger SRT8.  Pretty great horsepower, though I'm honestly just a little too old to recklessly enjoy it!

I've always loved Corvettes since I was young and am close to being able to pull it off.  The ZO6 puts 650hp down but it's the finer points they have now that older Vettes were hated for. I like other muscle cars as well and don't get hung up on Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge. Power is power in my book, but like I said I've always just been a fan of Vettes. 

The SRT8 Chargers are just mean looking.  Have you seen the new Camaro ZL1's ?? Those look mean as well. Good stuff !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
COB    280
21 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I've always loved Corvettes since I was young and am close to being able to pull it off.  The ZO6 puts 650hp down but it's the finer points they have now that older Vettes were hated for. I like other muscle cars as well and don't get hung up on Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge. Power is power in my book, but like I said I've always just been a fan of Vettes. 

The SRT8 Chargers are just mean looking.  Have you seen the new Camaro ZL1's ?? Those look mean as well. Good stuff !!

650 hp, you can outrun any cop car.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, COB said:

650 hp, you can outrun any cop car.  

True. It's that damn radio you can never beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×