So, has anyone seen anything good lately?

BengalszoneBilly

3 hours ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Great flick. They borrowed a lot of stuff from "Full Metal Jacket", but that aside, this dude was a brave mother.

I really don't see you Mark as a Army medic not going to a weapon if needed. The Navy Corpsmen I served with carried 45 autos. We as Marines gave the Navy a lot of grief. Our Corpsman was always a step above. He did what we did and didn't bitch. 

Without a weapon ??  Not a chance in hell.  I carried two during my time in Afghanistan.  My 9mm and M4 carbine. 
Along with some frag grenades and a big fucking knife.  I was as much into my weapons as the infantry dude next to me.

These days regardless of what of the job you are trained in, you are reminded that you are a soldier first.
One more weapon in the fight only increases your odds of making it out of there and getting back home.

I loved being a medic.  Nothing better than earning the respect of those you serve with and being called "Doc".
My sig block says it all about my time in Afghanistan and something i'm EXTREMELY proud of.
Hell, most of you guys helped in seeing my way through all of that mess.

Always much love and respect to you guys !!!

• Like 2

In regards to seeing anything lately, I have to remind everyone of the two youngsters.

Most recently I've finally seen Rogue One, Boss Baby, and the new Beauty and the Beast.
If i'm being honest, I liked each of them and so did the kids.

We have a new dine in movie theater here in Anderson Township and it rules.
You own reclining seats and you hit the button to have food and drinks (alcohol as well) brought to you.
Plus they have this absolutely MASSIVE screen some movies are shown on.  Pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I saw Logan, Arrival, The Shack, and Ghost in the Shell.
(Thank you hacked movie sites)

Logan was what you would expect and fun if you like those x-men films.
The Arrival was an Alien flick with a different take and worth the time to watch for free.
The Shack is a super sad religious God flick, but is an interesting story about forgiveness.
(I was told I should watch that one and did so because of the person, it wasn't of my choosing)
The Ghost in the Shell was entirely too Sci-Fi for me and I love Sci-Fi flicks.  I found it slow and boring.

Went to the local theater and saw "The Promise," a movie that has a tragic love story taking place during the Armenian Genocide, 1915-1920 or so.  Pretty good movie, beautiful scenery.  The brutality and killing is mostly implied or from a distance, so it got a pg-13 rating.  Worth a look.

54 minutes ago, COB said:

Went to the local theater and saw "The Promise," a movie that has a tragic love story taking place during the Armenian Genocide, 1915-1920 or so.  Pretty good movie, beautiful scenery.  The brutality and killing is mostly implied or from a distance, so it got a pg-13 rating.  Worth a look.

Sounds like one i could see with wife and we could both enjoy.

I watched "Kong: Skull Island" and it was a fun watch.
All the things you would expect from this type of movie.
Big gorilla, monsters, monsters and monsters.

Samuel L. Jackson, John C. Reilly, John Goodman, and even Corey Hawkins (Dr. Dre in Straight outta Compton) playing a nerd.
That cast just looks like fun and I enjoyed it.  Have to know what you're getting into.

On April 30, 2017 at 4:32 PM, BengalszoneBilly said:

I bought the Quentin Tarantino "Django" movie. I really enjoyed Jamie Foxx in this one. As in any movie Quentin does, the gore level is high, so this isn't one for the youngsters.

His best movie though has to be pulp fiction, love that movie

• Like 1

So. Just got back from Guardians 2. Need to let it percolate for a while, but it may be my new favorite Marvel movie. it really, really good. Special mention to Kurt Russell, who not only totally sells the most insane premise ever, but might be the best Marvel baddie since Hiddleston's Loki. 

Its a surprisingly slow movie, but in a good way, because the time is dedicated to character development, so that when the big slam-bang finish comes, the emotional payoff is huge.

I did spring for 3D but I think you'd be ok without it. It's cool in some scenes, but like I said there's a lot of dialogue and it can get distracting sometimes.

i could say a whole lot more but I don't want to spoil things. Two big thumbs up!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...