Pacman Arrested UPDATE Now with Video

HoosierCat

19 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

It's just rock stupid. Look, I've been in the back of a cop car once or twice. Rule No. 1: do whatever the officer says. Rule No. 2: STFU. Rule No. 3: when in doubt see rules 1 and 2.

Those rules should apply not doubly, not triply, but about a billion timesly, when you are an aging player set to make $7 million next season and your team is looking for ways to keep a younger guy at your position.

But no. Bitch. Suck my dick. I hope you die. Jones, you are a gawd damned idiot. You just punched your ticket out of the league.

Ill Vouch for  those rules.

53 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Ill Vouch for  those rules.

The judge has to let you go if, while you're being arrested, you say, " Arresting me for what?  I'm not allowed to stand up for myself?  I thought this was America, huh?  Isn't this America?  i'm sorry, I thought this was America.  "

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Don't cut him until the league acts then make the decision. 

One of the few times I've wholeheartedly disagreed with you.  Maybe the only.  Who knows?
That being said, I don't care about his talent level.  He doesn't deserve the chance to continue playing.
It's embarrassing to have him continue on the roster.  Tolerating this kind of behavior sends the wrong message.
How many more chances should someone get at being the minimum of a decent human being ??

1st off he has no discipline! He help us lose last seasons' playoff game because of his behavior! That was over looked by the coaches. No big deal, you helped us lose by getting a personal penalty at the end of the game - it only resulted in the end of our season. We'll come back next season, all will be well. Oh so now the reformed Pacman just got arrested again and stated that he hopes another human being dies! Time to cut him out of the game period! I'd rather have an unproven rookie in the game instead of someone who you have no control over and don't know if he's going to cost you the game because of his behavior! H's made his fortune, left his mark on the game, time to go!

16 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

One of the few times I've wholeheartedly disagreed with you.  Maybe the only.  Who knows?
That being said, I don't care about his talent level.  He doesn't deserve the chance to continue playing.
It's embarrassing to have him continue on the roster.  Tolerating this kind of behavior sends the wrong message.
How many more chances should someone get at being the minimum of a decent human being ??

All I'm saying is wait for the league to govern the rules prior to making a transaction.

This is why I feel this way:

In 1989 on the eve of the Superbowl, Stanley Wilson got all coked up (probably with the help of teammates) and got caught.   He was caught by the Bengals coaching staff when he was late for a meeting.   At that point, the Bengals had no obligation to suspend him.  They could have sobered him up and played his ass the next day.   He probably would have played very well because that's what his career was.    Instead they took the moral high ground.   Which led to Stanley disappearing and caused drama throughout the locker room and changes to the game plan.

Quite frankly that might have been the best for Wilson, too.   He wouldn't have to shoulder much of the post Superbowl loss blame.   Removing Wilson from the Superbowl did very little from stopping the Victory C situation that would arise in 1990 or some other instances that happened with Bengal players afterward.

There is a certain percentage of bad apples in the talent. pool. The Bengals are in a competitive league in which every team chooses from the same talent pool.  It's the league's job to govern.   Taking action prior or based on higher standards puts them at a disadvantage and you are not solving any problems. 

I say if he gets a lengthy suspension he won't be able to get his 35 year old body in playing shape coming off that, so cut him and use the cap room.  Or if he misses the season, get the cap room by cutting him. 

If the league doesn't suspend you keep him and play him.    The Bengals aren't in the business to allow another team to acquire/play a top 20,15,10 (whatever) talent at a franchise position just because he's an asshole and finds himself in dumb situations off the field, IMO.

On 1/25/2017 at 10:41 AM, AMPHAR said:

All I'm saying is wait for the league to govern the rules prior to making a transaction.

This is why I feel this way:

In 1989 on the eve of the Superbowl, Stanley Wilson got all coked up (probably with the help of teammates) and got caught.   He was caught by the Bengals coaching staff when he was late for a meeting.   At that point, the Bengals had no obligation to suspend him.  They could have sobered him up and played his ass the next day.   He probably would have played very well because that's what his career was.    Instead they took the moral high ground.   Which led to Stanley disappearing and caused drama throughout the locker room and changes to the game plan.

Quite frankly that might have been the best for Wilson, too.   He wouldn't have to shoulder much of the post Superbowl loss blame.   Removing Wilson from the Superbowl did very little from stopping the Victory C situation that would arise in 1990 or some other instances that happened with Bengal players afterward.

There is a certain percentage of bad apples in the talent. pool. The Bengals are in a competitive league in which every team chooses from the same talent pool.  It's the league's job to govern.   Taking action prior or based on higher standards puts them at a disadvantage and you are not solving any problems. 

I say if he gets a lengthy suspension he won't be able to get his 35 year old body in playing shape coming off that, so cut him and use the cap room.  Or if he misses the season, get the cap room by cutting him. 

If the league doesn't suspend you keep him and play him.    The Bengals aren't in the business to allow another team to acquire/play a top 20,15,10 (whatever) talent at a franchise position just because he's an asshole and finds himself in dumb situations off the field, IMO.

I'm sure they are waiting for the right time, whatever is dictating that, if not multiple things.  Brown won't want to lose money, so I'm sure that overrides everything (union rules etc..,).  That's fine, just as long as they get rid of him, he needs to get some therapy in the worst way.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone was wondering what is going on, the felony spitting thing may not be charged as the nurse is apparently more interested in shaking Jones down for $200,000. The prosecutor is waiting until he finishes a booze rehab program before deciding what to do about the misdemeanor charges.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/twist-in-case-against-bengals-player-adam-jones-could-lead-to-lighter-penalty/8730011

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, volcom69 said:

What a joke, sorry but a guy treats people like that and gets away with a slap on the hand is a joke! 

Whatever he will still be on this team, because he deserves more chances! What a role model for my young children!

I just watched the video, and he's just an idiot who had a penchant for finding trouble. I can't think of any valid reason to keep him on the team. Not one. 

Goodbye Adam. 

13 minutes ago, kingwilly said:

I just watched the video, and he's just an idiot who had a penchant for finding trouble. I can't think of any valid reason to keep him on the team. Not one. 

Goodbye Adam. 

I don't know if I'd call it a valid reason, but I think I understand why, from the Bengals' viewpoint, he's still on the roster.

We all know that when it comes to free agents or extensions, the Bengals rarely give out big bonuses or lots of guaranteed money. They prefer to give out, as Marvin once put it years ago, "a structure," meaning that in return for accepting smaller bonuses and guaranteed coin, a player can be assured (wink-and-nod here, of course) of getting the full value of his deal if he plays it all the way out. So, for example, Leon Hall gets his full, final, $9 million season even though he's working on two blown Achilles'. Peko gets to play out his deal even though his on-field play is trash. Etc, etc.

Cut Jones, and the aforementioned wink-and-nod loses credibility, and the team's ability to sign guys, already strained by the lure of big immediate/guaranteed money elsewhere, takes a further hit. The downside is what we see here: guys can get away with dumb crap that would get them cut elsewhere.

At least that's my read. We'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

That could very well be.   Mike may have been influenced by the Lumina-bashing free agents of the past who pretty much were going to sign anywhere but Cincinnati.  He might think he has to honor every contract.  

There are a lot of players' coaches, but there is only one players' owner, and it's Mike.

50 minutes ago, COB said:

That could very well be.   Mike may have been influenced by the Lumina-bashing free agents of the past who pretty much were going to sign anywhere but Cincinnati.  He might think he has to honor every contract.  

There are a lot of players' coaches, but there is only one players' owner, and it's Mike.

That's a very good way of putting it. Players' owner indeed.