Pacman Arrested UPDATE Now with Video

HoosierCat

Dehner:

#Bengals Adam Jones arrested for 3 misdemeanors last night in Hamilton Co., since been charged w/ a felony (harassment w/ bodily substance)

Jones' original arrest was in the city for three misdemeanors which were assault, disorderly conduct and obstructing official business.

From the Enquirer:

Bengals cornerback Adam Jones, 33, was arrested early Tuesday morning in Hamilton County for three misdemeanors and a felony. He is due in court at 9 a.m.

Jones was arrested in the Central Business District for assault, disorderly conduct and obstructing official business, the misdemeanors. Later in the morning he was charged with the felony for harassment of a member of the medical staff in the justice center with a bodily substance.

According complaints obtained by our partners at Fox19, it's alleged he assaulted a man by "pushing and poking" him in the eye. Cincinnati police later filed complaints he engaged in turbulent behavior and refused to stop when ordered to and pulled away from officers. Accusations state he refused to enter the police car while kicking and head-butting.

The bodily substance felony charge is alleged to be for spitting on a nurse at the jail.

The Cincinnati cornerback signed a three-year contract prior to this past season which just ended on Sunday against Baltimore. Jones stayed mostly out of trouble of late after a rash of incidents early in his 10-year NFL career.

Jones' last arrests in Hamilton County came in 2013 when he was charged with assault outside of a downtown bar, but was found not guilty. He was later charged with disorderly conduct for a separate incident and paid out the ticket.

In 2011, Jones was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. He pled guilty to the disorderly charge and placed on probation, but resisting arrest was dismissed.

Well, either him or Burfict. But Vontaze is usually only stupid on the field.

I doubt this is enough to move them off Jones. IIRC 2018 is an option year in his deal, so 2017 is probably it if he doesn't up his play back to 2015 levels. And given his age that doesn't seem likely.

Problem is mostly that Dre is a free agent, and Dennard and WJ3 are really still unknowns. Though Dennard hasn't impressed in limited snaps, but he seems most suited for the slot and that's been Jones' spot. 

If it were up to me I'd let Pacman go, use that cap space to re-sign Dre,make Dennard the starter in the slot and hope for the best with WJ3.

3 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Worth noting that Jones' cap hit is $7.6 million in 2017 vs. $1.3 million in dead money. That's $6.3 million in additional cap space opened up if he goes.

Beat me to it.   Pending the potential for NFL office punishment that's another 6 mil that Hobson has to pretend we don't have because the Bengals should go ahead and cut Pac Man if he's facing suspension given his age, trouble and slow start this past season.

I don't really care about the "changed life" or troubled soul portion.    He's probably looking at a multiple game suspension and I doubt he's ready to go coming off of that given this past season and his age.

I've enjoyed his time as Bengal overall but it's probably time to go for him. 

If he avoids suspension, then keep him around.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Beat me to it.   Pending the potential for NFL office punishment that's another 6 mil that Hobson has to pretend we don't have because the Bengals should go ahead and cut Pac Man if he's facing suspension given his age, trouble and slow start this past season.

And while we're at it, there's another $3.7 million they can free up by showing Maualuga the door (and why not he was basically benched this year) and just under $3 million more they could save by parting ways with MJ. So there are three declining or nonperforming at all players they could cut and recover about $13 million in cap space.

• Like 1

Pacman update: apparently he's going to be stuck in jail until Wednesday morning because they want to do a DNA test and the person who does it isn't in until them. lol.

Also, there's video of the spitting incident at the jail. But it hasn't been released yet. Double lol.

27 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

And while we're at it, there's another $3.7 million they can free up by showing Maualuga the door (and why not he was basically benched this year) and just under $3 million more they could save by parting ways with MJ. So there are three declining or nonperforming at all players they could cut and recover about $13 million in cap space.

Maualuga is gone.  That initial deal was structured to be a two year deal and giving the team an option for a 3rd if they wanted to keep him.   I doubt they do given the reduction in playing  time.  I'd say he's gone before FA begins. 

MJ, Peko, Gilberry and Hunt I would retain and make the decision post draft as to whether they have a future.  

Sometimes it takes about twelve arrests to figure it out.  He brings an aggressiveness to our defense that I like.  But he also brings a sense of chaotic unmanageability that is hard to describe, but I know it when I see it.

If they release a video of him spitting in the face of a uniformed peace officer, I think Mike will say enough is enough and release him.

Dude is just not right in the head, and he cost us that playoff game with his lack of self control.  Goodbye.

3 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Peko, Gilberry and Hunt are all free agents so you'd need to give them new deals long before the draft or risk them signing elsewhere. I vote no on that, or would if I got a vote.

Hope you are right about Maualuga.

Peko, Hunt, and Rey are goners. Why wait. Add Jones to the list of those hitting the exit. 

This is easy. The depth is supposed to be there and now they can backfill in the draft without concern. Always forward. 

4 hours ago, COB said:

Sometimes it takes about twelve arrests to figure it out.  He brings an aggressiveness to our defense that I like.  But he also brings a sense of chaotic unmanageability that is hard to describe, but I know it when I see it.

If they release a video of him spitting in the face of a uniformed peace officer, I think Mike will say enough is enough and release him.

Dude is just not right in the head, and he cost us that playoff game with his lack of self control.  Goodbye.

That's one thing I can hope for, as I like the aggressiveness, of these players, the 15 yard penalties for stupidness is getting annoying! Maybe just maybe they can play an actual game against Pitt without losing there control and costing them games! 

I liked what Pac brought for years, but enough is enough now, time to let him go!

I will be happy to see Jones, ReyM and Peko go away, yet wouldn't be shocked to see all 3 of them back for at least another year of sub-par play.  

Jones in particular has not only declined rapidly the last year + on the field, he's still a guy who can't control his emotions and acts like a child 

The guy spit on a nurse when she was trying to give him a blood test (not sure why that was happening exactly) but it also makes me wonder if there's something in his system he doesn't want discovered on top of everything else.  I'm guessing his erratic behavior (had to be restrained, kicked door of police car violently etc..,) made them wonder if he weren't on something. 

I can't imagine the NFL isn't going to give him a long suspension unless charges are dropped, and if the Felony sticks - he could be in the pokey for a while and will likely be mostly unavailable next year any ways. 

In fact with his record/past, wouldn't be surprised to see him in jail and on probation for a while.  What an idiot...all the money in the world and years of mistakes to learn from, and he still puts himself in public situations he can't handle.  Can't stand him - get rid of him already.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

I will be happy to see Jones, ReyM and Peko go away, yet wouldn't be shocked to see all 3 of them back for at least another year of sub-par play.  

Jones in particular has not only declined rapidly the last year + on the field, he's still a guy who can't control his emotions and acts like a child 

The guy spit on a nurse when she was trying to give him a blood test (not sure why that was happening exactly) but it also makes me wonder if there's something in his system he doesn't want discovered on top of everything else.  I'm guessing his erratic behavior (had to be restrained, kicked door of police car violently etc..,) made them wonder if he weren't on something. 

I can't imagine the NFL isn't going to give him a long suspension unless charges are dropped, and if the Felony sticks - he could be in the pokey for a while and will likely be mostly unavailable next year any ways. 

In fact with his record/past, wouldn't be surprised to see him in jail and on probation for a while.  What an idiot...all the money in the world and years of mistakes to learn from, and he still puts himself in public situations he can't handle.  Can't stand him - get rid of him already.

Yes, at this point with all the chances, resources, and other decisions to be made, he still ends up in trouble? Time to move on. Best of luck to him. 

Now, will SoP make such a tough decision, when it's so much easier to just give him one more chance? I think we all know the answer. 

Just now, kingwilly said:

Yes, at this point with all the chances, resources, and other decisions to be made, he still ends up in trouble? Time to move on. Best of luck to him. 

Now, will SoP make such a tough decision, when it's so much easier to just give him one more chance? I think we all know the answer. 

Yeah I get the feeling the NFL will have to make that decision for him basically (by making him financially expendable via what I assume is a "Good Conduct" contract clause that allows the Bengals' to cut him w/o penalty if he's found guilty of anything) - but I don't know the particulars. 

Yes rarely do you see Brown (if ever) eat a contract for a year to make a point that they aren't putting-up with that nonsense any more.  

There's nothing financially standing in the way of releasing Jones. It gains them $6.3 million against the cap in 2017 and the same amount in 2018, and would mean an actual cash savings of $11 million over those two years. He only got a $2 million signing bonus on his new deal last year so really there's nothing for the team to eat. It's just a matter of someone being willing to say goodbye.