Free Agency Watch

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Oh, they'll spend more than $2-3 million but it will be on the usual collection of hangers-on (Winston etc) and old washed up dudes. Which is why their strategy fails. Saving money by not overpaying for impact FAs only works if you use those savings on other impact players.

I wonder what Dennis Roland is up to?

He can mentor guys.  JK, this dude will probably start at guard.

Good signing, good depth guy, versatile and smart.  Just an observation, but if you know much about the effects HGH use has on your face, Eric Winston is a very typical example.  I'm not criticizing him, most of them are on it.

54 minutes ago, COB said:

He can mentor guys.  JK, this dude will probably start at guard.

Good signing, good depth guy, versatile and smart.  Just an observation, but if you know much about the effects HGH use has on your face, Eric Winston is a very typical example.  I'm not criticizing him, most of them are on it.

Yep, that's what happens. 

2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Would be like them. I think the ex-Bengals Rolodex is the only one they've got.

As usual, it goes back to our coaches.  Smith knows the terminology, the responsibilities, etc.  Just too much work to bring in someone new!

37 minutes ago, COB said:

Still waiting for that big signing of a legitimate NFL starter at either linebacker or o-line.

Fuck, cut Rey M., Jones and Johnson and get Hightower. 

This isn't even difficult. 

There are no more Oline starters out there, maybe Fat Andre but would he be worth the risk? 

On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 7:03 AM, HoosierCat said:

Would be like them. I think the ex-Bengals Rolodex is the only one they've got. And with his injury history Moobs would come cheap af. Of course, that same history suggests he'd be useless af too. 

ETA: 

Huh...

I am pretty sure Fisher will be fine at one of the two OT spots.  Probably ORT but I wouldn't count him out as our future OLT.  If he can play OLT, though, that's where I'd prefer they put him since that's the more critical position.  Worst case he's our new starter at ORG

But we still need to find a OT.  Forget Oogie.  He's a 3rd string backup right now at best....and even that is generous.  I don't know if any of the OTs in the draft are polished enough to start.  I think you need to find a stopgap OT in FA.  As usual all the good ones are gone after the feeding frenzy that is the first week, but you can certainly find someone better than Oogie out there. Ie, just about any OT that made it onto a 53 man roster in 2016

So go get that guy......

1 hour ago, COB said:

Per the Bengals Obbuehi just needs to get stronger.  Maybe he didn't lift the whole time he was rehabbing his knee.  Maybe he somehow got a lot stronger in the off season.

Yeah, not working out was his problem...