Free Agency Watch

HoosierCat

4 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Re trading AJ, this is probably true. Much, much riskier idea now.

Which makes it almost certain they never get anything for him other than a comp pick.

Atleast it will be a third from a fifth beats turning 1st and second founders in to 3rd to 5th

Browns made some weird ass trade for Brock O.  They take on that shitty contract to use up cap space and get a 2nd rounder to boot.    Texans unload Brock and 2nd and I'm assuming after Romo.

Broncos and Texans the one that doesn't get Romo is in a tough spot because they shown their cards at QB.   As the QB turns.

And here it is folks: after Dre and LaFell, Bengals are flat busted broke. FA over before it even began!

With Kirkpatrick counting about $10 million against the cap this year and wide receiver Brandon LaFell another $5 million, the Bengals only have about $2-3 million for another deal to fit in under the $16-18 million they have budgeted to spend.

Fuck this team.

3 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

LMAO.  Just like grandpappy looked for the forsythia to bloom as the first sign of spring, I look for Geoff waving the free agency white flag and link it up with numbers that no one can understand or decipher.  Spring is here!

Cedric Bustbueghi, Fisher, Boling, Bodine, and some dude.  That's our line.  Dalton's hamstring is twinging, and our backup is probably on the phone with his agent, saying get me out of here.

Maybe Geoff is off base.

it is hard to imagine the Bengals aren't going to do something significant today.

They just lost two starters off the line who don't have legitimate NFL backups, and their linebacking group is in a shambles.

Do they think they can draft all that?  I think they'll sign a free agent today to be a starter.  Either a LB or an O-lineman.

Geoff's been wrong before.  I think half the time the team leaves him out to dry and he has to speculate.  Seriously doubt Marvin treats him well, and Mike likely regales him with tales of his demographics and interstate highway studies back in '65.

They better do something because neither this draft or next years are very good in regards to the OT talent.
I think they can only hope that taking an OT in the early rounds will be better than what they have, but that's a big question mark.

They really f*cked themselves good on this one.

Oh, they'll spend more than $2-3 million but it will be on the usual collection of hangers-on (Winston etc) and old washed up dudes. Which is why their strategy fails. Saving money by not overpaying for impact FAs only works if you use those savings on other impact players.

Don't pay any attention to RBB's logical and reasonable position!  Instead let's go out to Indian Hill Elementary.  Peko's giving a heartwarming talk about readin', writin', and community service!  His audience?  All the young Bengals players he's mentoring!  The 2nd graders will be here in about an hour!

How much cap space would be free'd up if Pacman leaves town ??