2017 Offseason Dumpster Thread

HoosierCat

Why the hell would they not use a franchise tag on one of there top guys. I really don't understand the whole money thing or things like that, but if you don't want to lose one of the guys why not tag him. Like Tag zeitler and sign Whit, or something like that?

Im guessing because you would be paying Zeitler to much money up front for just one year?

21 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Why the hell would they not use a franchise tag on one of there top guys. I really don't understand the whole money thing or things like that, but if you don't want to lose one of the guys why not tag him. Like Tag zeitler and sign Whit, or something like that?

Im guessing because you would be paying Zeitler to much money up front for just one year?

They should use a tag for sure.    I would say Whitworth or Dre at a min. 

Honestly, when looking at the OT situation, why not sign Whit to at least a two year deal ??
I don't really expect them to look at the OT spot early in the draft because of taking both Fisher and Ogbuehi. (That's not MY excuse either)
However, I don't really expect them both to develop and some don't think either will.

This will lead to OT being a major need in the 2018 draft. 
Just go ahead and take care of that now while knowing the direction you have to travel.

• 2 weeks later...

Shane Graham signs a one-day contract to retire a Bengal.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinnati-signs-shayne-graham-for-a-day-so-he-can-retire-a-bengal/8959534

I'll say this much: I can remember a time when the idea that a player would want to "retire a Bengal" would have been laughed out of the room. So...progress, I suppose. Anyhow, enjoy your retirement, Shayne.

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 1:16 PM, HoosierCat said:

Shane Graham signs a one-day contract to retire a Bengal.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinnati-signs-shayne-graham-for-a-day-so-he-can-retire-a-bengal/8959534

I'll say this much: I can remember a time when the idea that a player would want to "retire a Bengal" would have been laughed out of the room. So...progress, I suppose. Anyhow, enjoy your retirement, Shayne.

I respect that.