2017 Offseason Dumpster Thread

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

I know it's spelled differently, but that sentence just doesn't sound good at all.

Well, it's just that when he worked with him in Cincy, Jackson was used to him as a scout.  They likely gave him 7 or 8 decent prospects, like they just put Seamon on those kids.  He likely traveled a lot, interviewed them, watched them practice at the Senior Bowl, went to their Senior Day at the Alma Mater, etc.  But what prompted Jackson to take him with him to Cleveland?  It's like he got up there, got a look at his players, and said, "I want Seamon all over these tight ends."  

• Like 1

Happy for Dalton.   I hope he does well and doesn't get hurt. 

The problem for NFL fans is nobody it seems likes the pro bowl, but a ton of people watch even in years of declining ratings.  The event out draws NBA, MLB, NHL playoff games that are often on network TV.    Even with declining ratings millions are still watching, which means some media company will fork over $$$$ for the rights to broadcast.

As long as that happens the joke of the Pro Bowl will continue in some form.  Quite honestly I don't really care if they play a competitive game, after Eifert fiasco I'd rather they not play at all.   

Yeah, they're having issues.

The three quarterbacks selected for the Pro Bowl in the AFC were Tom Brady, Derek Carr and Ben Roethlisberger, but none of them are going to be in Orlando.

Brady’s going to the Super Bowl, Carr is recovering from a fractured fibula and Roethlisberger has opted out of the game. Andy Dalton and Alex Smith are in as replacements, but a third is getting hard to find. Marcus Mariota and Ryan Tannehill were injured to end the year and Colts quarterback Andrew Luck just had shoulder surgery.

Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor turned down an invite after groin surgery and Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian has done the same after a shoulder operation of his own.

“When I first heard about it, I thought they must know I’m originally from Orlando and it would be easy to plug me in for the game,” Siemian said, via KUSA. “But obviously, it was really cool and a huge honor. It would have been cool to play with everyone I respect, especially our own guys who are going to be there. It was still an awesome honor.”

The other regular starting AFC quarterbacks that haven’t been mentioned are Philip Rivers, Joe Flacco, Blake Bortles, Brock Osweiler, Ryan Fitzpatrick and whichever Browns quarterback you’d like to include. Rivers and Flacco had the best years of that group, but the label Pro Bowl quarterback is getting stretched pretty far in the AFC.

55 minutes ago, glasgowbengal said:

Sounds like all is not well in Shittsville, PA:

The fat rapist mumbling about retirement on the radio

Brown moaning about his lack of stats

Bell hitting free agency

couldnt happen to a nicer bunch 

Ben is a drama queen and licking his wounds.   He'll be back.

Hopefully Brown goes Ocho Cinco on them

Bell will do something to get suspended after the Steelers tag him

Fuck them.