Bengals @ Texans Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

3 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Now they are saying they might not play AJ tonight. If he is healthy enough to play and they don't let him, I bet he will be pissed.

Be interesting to see if he plays or not

He will not be happy but I honestly think it's better to keep him safe, and see what we have in Core and Wright. 

No reason, other than his 1000 yard season to attain, which he can get next week. 

Well from Twitter sounds like a lot of people are not happy about this at all. 

They are saying he was in Houston ready to play, they pulled him out of a meeting and told him he is not playing. He got pissed and left. They say he is no longer in Houston.

The team prepared all week with him, some in the org are really mad about this, saying they are going out to lose now.

So hear we go again reminds me of the whole Palmer bullshit again all over. 

Things need to change in this org, people need to go, it's still to much bad blood going on. From all the readings it does not sound good though.

I do agree if he could injure himself more then shut him down, if not then let him play some in a limited role. If it's that bad then they should have shut him down awhile ago, then why let him practice? I don't know sounds it was handled really stupid! Oh and Eifert is probably done for the year as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, volcom69 said:

AJ is out tonight the docs won't let him play. Then why have him practice, man I bet he is pissed about this lol. 

Not the docs. Ownership.

As Adam Schefter reported AJ Green will not play tonight. A team source told me Green was pulled from a team meeting and told he wouldn't be allowed to play. I'm told the decision was made by ownership and that Green was not happy. Sources tell me Green never returned to the meeting and that he may be flying home on his own today.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fholtzman_bob_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cropBob Holtzman, ESPN

Ownership. We all know who that is, right? Anyone want to bet there's an incentive in his deal he won't hit unless he gets to 1000 yards?

Ownership. Feh.

31 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Not the docs. Ownership.

Ownership. We all know who that is, right? Anyone want to bet there's an incentive in his deal he won't hit unless he gets to 1000 yards?

Ownership. Feh.

Yep really tired of it at this point anymore. Either way something has to happen, there is just to much bad blood behind the scenes from what it seems, for it to continue.

Guys need to be fired or step down, and let some new faces come in and try to take this team over the hump before it get too ugly!

3 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

I don't know. If your star WR is medically cleared to play, and he is passionate about doing so, I wouldn't be inclined to piss him off by keeping him off the field.

Spot on mate. And for all those fans that have poured money in, especially those that have flown to houston on Xmas eve, to be told they're not even going to give green a half I think is a kick in the bollocks. I don't want to see him hurt, but if the docs have cleared him, and he has a change to make history with another 36 yards, then why not give it a go? He's a professional athlete and I don't believe he'd risk himself in a pointless game just for the hell of it, just throw him a couple of easy catches and have him out of there. They've had all year to see how the young guys can go and didn't seem that interested, look at the likes of burkhead, Dawson etc so seems a bit odd to me to say it now. This seasons a disaster that should end the Lewis era, but we all know how it's gonna end, and at the end of the day it all seems to be about the bottom line for Mike brown, the cheap, easy option will no doubt be taken :(

On the other hand,

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all you zoners out there, have a safe and happy 2017 :)

• Like 2

For some reason I subject myself to Bengals Weekly, the tv show. 

This last week they went over our latest piece of crap game.  Dan Hoard and Lap are the hosts. 

As usual, they started out with Marvin mumbling a bunch of useless crapola, then they had Andy on, showing all the Mother Theresa stuff he does.

Then they get down to it.  Lap is starting to get pissed, you can really tell.  After he did the video analysis of the upcoming opponent, he delivered a reality check.  He said that the Bengals have 4th quarter issues.  They’ve scored only 51 points in the 4th quarter of the 14 games played so far.  But what about 4th quarter play when the game is in doubt?  Lap said that the Bengals have had twenty three 4th quarter drives where the game is within 1 score.  Those drives occurred in 8 games.  In those 23 drives, the Bengals have scored 3 times.  2 field goals and 1 touchdown.  1 touchdown in 23 drives where the game is within 1 score!  5 turnovers.  Lap said, ”That’s been the season.”  They’re 1-6-1 in those 8 games. 

Can’t finish, so they can’t win.

Haslam and his cousin/wife celebrated in the owners' box like they'd just won the Super Bowl, which in terms of the Browns they pretty much had.  

I felt sorry for Jim Brown having to sit in the box with that idiot owner.  

Also, if the Bengals pulled AJ because they don't want him to reach contract incentives, what kind of coach lets that happen?  Just say sorry I'm playing him, get yourself fired at the end of the season, and get the hell out of Cincinnati.  Come on Marvin!

34 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Two hours until game time and a heavy snowstorm moves into Arizona. Great for Christmas, not so great for those of us saddled with satellite TV. 

I miss cable.

Does it really even matter at this point. Hell its already been said they are pretty much going out to lose anyways.

Yea really though, a snowstorm in AZ that's crazy! 

Wednesday the Bengals staff did another scan and found a tear in a tendon in Green's right leg, this in addition to the partial tear in his hamstring.  Wish I could tell you what tendon, but sideline babe Stacey Dales doesn't give a crap about details like that.  Though she did say it was the recommendation of the medical staff that he not play, in spite of Marvin's protests.