Steelers @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

Time to come back to Earth, I think. The Bengals got a much-needed (from a mental point of view) pair of wins over two bad teams, but the problems that led to 7 losses so far this season haven't been solved. We even saw them pop up again in the second half of the Browns game, albeit briefly because the Browns are so bad and couldn't maintain the pace. But the Bengals still can't stop the run and can't consistently protect Dalton, and the WRs struggle to get open. I'm afraid Pitt is simply going to shred this team like paper. I hope I'm wrong, since the only thing I hate more than losing more draft position is losing to Pittsburgh, but I have a hard time seeing a W here.

30 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Time to come back to Earth, I think. The Bengals got a much-needed (from a mental point of view) pair of wins over two bad teams, but the problems that led to 7 losses so far this season haven't been solved. We even saw them pop up again in the second half of the Browns game, albeit briefly because the Browns are so bad and couldn't maintain the pace. But the Bengals still can't stop the run and can't consistently protect Dalton, and the WRs struggle to get open. I'm afraid Pitt is simply going to shred this team like paper. I hope I'm wrong, since the only thing I hate more than losing more draft position is losing to Pittsburgh, but I have a hard time seeing a W here.

I think the dead cat gets back to an inanimate state next Sunday. 

Watching some of Bell smoke the Bills is a preview of what's coming. It's just reality and shows us what a waste of picks Hunt and Thompson were. Big misses that hurt them when it counts (now). 

On a bright note, it looks like the punk that is Mike Mitchell hurt his knee and will be out. Can't stand his shtick and cheap shots. 

17 minutes ago, kingwilly said:

Watching some of Bell smoke the Bills is a preview of what's coming. It's just reality and shows us what a waste of picks Hunt and Thompson were. Big misses that hurt them when it counts (now). 

It's not just Hunt and Thompson. It's literally every dline pick after 2010 (when they chose Dunlap and Atkins).

2011: none

2012: Still, Thompson. Both junk.

2013: Hunt. Garbage.

2014: Clarke. Backup-caliber at best.

2015: Hardison. Couldn't get on the field last year, injured this year.

2016: Billings. On IR all year.

Maybe Hardison or Billings finally get on the field and break the streak but as of now they haven't had a good dline pick for six drafts. 

I have no interest in watching or even hearing much about the game for that matter.
Did they win or lose ??  That's all I want to hear.  I don't care about the details.
Everything else surrounding this game equates to stupidity on both the players and coaches part.  Hell, you can even include many of the fans.
None of them can control themselves, they act like children, and this represents everything I don't want my kids watching when it comes to the NFL.

HATE STEELERS WEEK.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

It's not just Hunt and Thompson. It's literally every dline pick after 2010 (when they chose Dunlap and Atkins).

2011: none

2012: Still, Thompson. Both junk.

2013: Hunt. Garbage.

2014: Clarke. Backup-caliber at best.

2015: Hardison. Couldn't get on the field last year, injured this year.

2016: Billings. On IR all year.

Maybe Hardison or Billings finally get on the field and break the streak but as of now they haven't had a good dline pick for six drafts. 

True, all of it. They've really missed badly across many drafts. 

I'm inclined to think they go back to the well and select dline in this high in this draft. Maybe even a FA coming in. 

Peko and Hunt will be gone, maybe even MJ so they will have to restock. 

I would paint a life like Gio on a brick wall.   See if I could trick Shazier to lead with his head and that should take care of trying to block him. 

A weed dealer to Bell's hotel room might take care of trying to cover him.     It's a shame Mitchell might not play because I often enjoy his bad coverage on AJ. 

7 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

I would paint a life like Gio on a brick wall.   See if I could trick Shazier to lead with his head and that should take care of trying to block him. 

A weed dealer to Bell's hotel room might take care of trying to cover him.     It's a shame Mitchell might not play because I often enjoy his bad coverage on AJ. 

You wouldn't need to trick Shazier to lead with his head , that's all he does. 

1 hour ago, COB said:

Doesn't deserve its own thread:  Jeff Fisher finally got fired.  Probably the closest the league has seen to a Dave Shula.  Tough to fire him because the Rams were in a weird spot - the owner's dad was Fisher's agent.  

Didn't they just give him an extension or something? Strange!

13 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Didn't they just give him an extension or something? Strange!

They gave him some kind of pseudo extension before the season even started.  But he's such a mediocre coach that they hung their heads in shame as soon as they did it, and didn't tell anyone.  Like a week ago Fisher blabs about it for no reason, then he gets fired.  

5 hours ago, COB said:

They gave him some kind of pseudo extension before the season even started.  But he's such a mediocre coach that they hung their heads in shame as soon as they did it, and didn't tell anyone.  Like a week ago Fisher blabs about it for no reason, then he gets fired.  

Fisher was a bad, bad, coach. And a douche it seems. 

The LA media portrayed the "extension" as a bonus for moving the team, that could be voided with no penalty or buy out. 

He won't be a HC in NFL again. He's toast. 

Just venting an annoyance:   Listening to a Dave and Hoard pre game show.  It seems like every Steeler week they ask some beat  reporter about if the Steelers respect the Bengals. 

Comes off as begging for acceptance.  Also Steeler reporters always come off as the authority on topics. 

Who cares?  Just beat them at home already. 

• Like 3

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 1:39 PM, AMPHAR said:

Who cares?  Just beat them at home already. 

Without Green I feel the odds are not in our favor. Even with A.J. I don't believe the Bengals would get better than even money on this game.

At this point it doesn't even matter anymore. A win would be cool, just to beat the steelers, and a lose would mean a better draft pick or at least they hopefully don't slide back further. 

So for me it's whatever, I'll watch some of the game but if it gets out of hand then I'm sure there will be something better on TV!