Bengals @ Browns Game Thread

HoosierCat

I have no real feeling about how this one goes. But since a W is probably the least useful outcome -- with Baltimore & Pitt both winning today I don't see any realistic postseason path, and a win just shoves them further down on draft day -- that's the way I'd bet.

49 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I have no real feeling about how this one goes. But since a W is probably the least useful outcome -- with Baltimore & Pitt both winning today I don't see any realistic postseason path, and a win just shoves them further down on draft day -- that's the way I'd bet.

Dead cat bounce from Santa? 

Losing to Cleveland is never fun.   The path to the AFC North is on life support.   Don't shoot the messenger.

Beat Cleveland and keep them winless.     Balt/Pitt still play.    Balt has NE, Philly, and Cincy.    

I'm guessing this scenario becomes more real up to Christmas eve in which the Bengals will have a lot on the line against Houston in Houston.   They will promptly tie the game in the last seconds needing a PAT to win.   Nuge will miss. 

Cleveland will be winless up until the last week and beat the Steelers on the road putting the loss of the AFC North on the foot of Nuge.

That's the way it works around here.      

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Lol, thanks COB. 

Nope, don't care about RG3.
Am I wrong for saying there's a part of me that wants the train wreck ??
It would be the first time I would laugh hysterically in losing to the Browns.

It would make being irritated much more amusing...

Yes you are wrong.   From my perspective the Bengals can't beat them bad enough ever.  Their fan base is annoying and delusional.  

It was the same way for the Bengals game against the Eagles.  Cheap seats everywhere.

Don't get me wrong, I will take more satisfaction in a win, but a loss to a Cleveland team that hasn't won a single game would make me laugh about our Bengals.

ArmyBengal Jr. (now 10) is a huge Texans fan and we got him tickets for the Colts-Texans game this weekend in Indy.
Myself, him and his little buddy are hanging out right across from the stadium Saturday night and then catching the game Sunday before coming home.
Him and I did that last year and had a blast, so I'm looking forward to it.

It would be difficult for the Bengals to lose to the Browns.  The Bengals have legitimate starters all over their roster.  The Browns have a lot of guys starting who are depth, at best, anywhere else in the league.  I know I sound like a broken record, but what the Browns let happen to their roster last offseason was almost historic.  They sucked to begin with.

Then as soon as free agency started, they lost their best receiver, Travis Benjamin, they lost a very good starting center in Alex Mack, they lost starting right tackle Mitchell Schwartz, and a little later they let starting safety Tashaun Gipson go in free agency as well.

Their starting right tackle is a case in point.  Pretty good player.  He played out his rookie deal.  Probably should have been extended a year or two ago, but wasn't.  Then they try to keep him by making an offer right before free agency starts, like the day before.  His agent very responsibly says we'll think about it, but we want to see what else is out there.  The Browns, for some juvenile and unknown reason, got their feelings hurt, and PULLED THEIR OFFER.  The Chiefs basically made him the same offer, a tad more a year, and Schwartz took it.  So he didn't miss a snap over the life of his 4 year rookie deal, a well-above average tackle who is inexplicably allowed to make it to free agency after his rookie deal, then they don't even try to keep him.  

The Browns' off-season work was front office malpractice the likes of which we will probably never see again.  Even if Hue wants to change the culture, you need servicable players to play while you are changing the culture.  They are losing because their players just aren't good enough, against any NFL team.  

WTF?  Last year when this came up, state senators and house members from northeast Ohio all just about crapped themselves.  They freaked out in the statehouse, threw all the toys out of their crib, and got the whole thing shut down.  The gist of it was "we spent a bazillion dollars on the stadium and other amenities for the Browns in Cleveland, how dare they move their training camp out of town?"  

Their owner is laughing his ass off that there is another base of taxpayers he can go to with his hand out.  I hope Columbus kills this stupid waste of money.  

Spent the evening washing dishes at the senior holiday dinner our community puts on for all the old timers.  Several hard core Browns fans helping.  We talked about the game, and the possibility of a Browns victory tomorrow to avoid an 0-16 season.  The consensus opinion of those Browns fans can be summed up as follows:. "Who gives a fuck?"  They seriously don't care.

Maybe the fans in the Mistake are still into it, but these fans in central Ohio couldn't care less about their team anymore.