Zim in "emergency eye surgery"

HoosierCat

13 hours ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

The article was a bit vague on how it happened. A Monday night game vs the Bears doesn't explain a lot.

Regardless I hope it turns out well.

Apparently it was a detached retina. This is the third surgery on the eye since Nov. 1. Zim initially hurt it during a game against the Bears.

http://www.startribune.com/mike-zimmer-update-vikings-gm-rick-spielman-will-address-media-at-10-a-m/404026056/

I remember when my grandmother had the same surgery years ago, and after she had to just lie on a bed on her back for days moving her head as little as possible so she didn't re-injure her eye. Zim of course had the first surgery and then was back out on the field the same day so no wonder it isn't taking! Good on Spielman for shutting him down hard.

Just read that article about Zimmer.  It is a little scary, I hope he didn't damage that eye for good.  Eye injuries heal super quickly, so you have to have them tended to asap, or your eye could heal incorrectly, or heal in such a way that your vision stays permanently damaged.  

He should be our coach, we wouldn't let him detach his retina.  Fucking Minnesota.  

• 1 month later...

Holy crap.  I'd guess he's going to remain blind in that eye.  Zim's a good dude, but he's sure gone through some pretty bad stuff along the way.  My proposal - Steal him away from Minnesota with a large contract, and the offer to Marvin is he can stay on as GM or VP Of KMA, or whatever they want to call his job, if, and only if, he donates one eye to Zimmer.