Bengals @ Ravens Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

3 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

May as well start this if only to track who won't be playing. Looks like AJ is out, Dre, Gio, Williams all could be too. ETA forgot Harris, gutty performance today.

I'm thinking about booking a seat on the Fail For Fournette train? Anybody with me?

Not a bad idea.  Forgive me but who would be let go?  Hill or Bernard? Peerman?  Would think they'd let go of Hill first but not sure of the contract status of either.

1 hour ago, cincyhokie said:

Not a bad idea.  Forgive me but who would be let go?  Hill or Bernard? Peerman?  Would think they'd let go of Hill first but not sure of the contract status of either.

Well they just extended Gio earlier this year. But 2017 is the final year of Hill's rookie deal. Does anyone think he's a must-sign? To me he's mostly just a guy. I wouldn't be upset if they extended him but I wouldn't chirp if they moved on, either.

13 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

But 2017 is the final year of Hill's rookie deal. Does anyone think he's a must-sign? 

Needs to be cheap to sign Hill.  Not vet minimum, but not breaking the bank for him either.  I don't think they'll sign him.  His attitude is not great from what I can see.  Yesterday in the Bills game he stretched a run out to the sideline for like no gain.  He ended up in front of our bench and Marvin told him, basically, break upfield at some point and get what you can get, don't just run to the sideline expecting some magic running lane to appear.  Hill did not take it well.  The camera showed him muttering all the way back to the backfield.  I think he's gone, and I think it will be mutual.  

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Bengals lose again. 

No way this team can compete without AJ and Gio when considering how epically shitty the o-line has been.

If you have the game on dvr, go back and watch the second half offensive plays.  Specifically, watch the linemen.  You won't believe it.  Guys just frozen in place as defenders run around them, guys getting plowed backwards like they don't even have cleats on, if you watch it and can honestly say you've seen weaker line play, would love to hear about that.  It's historic.  

Boling played terrible for huge parts of the game.  Then I find out he played injured.  Ced O is useless.  If Starting Oline guys aren't benched for sucking, it tells the other players their positions are safe, too.  Just so happens the O line was the absolute worst part of the team this year.  #AndreSmith

On 11/20/2016 at 5:44 PM, cincyhokie said:

I'd prefer they not go after Fournette. Big guys like that are too readily injured. Branson Jacobs is the last big back I recall who had decent success. Beanie Wells is a big guy quot done nothing. Derrick Henry is unused. Blount is average but on a great team. 

They need defense. Not another back in a rotation . 

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with the upcoming Ravens game, but I'm watching the Houston @ Memphis game, and the Tigers are wearing the coolest Bengal striped helmets I've ever seen! Black stripes on a chrome helmet. Totally bad ass!