Draft Pick Watch

HoosierCat

Reading the tea leaves from Lap the pick will be Foster or Ross.    IMO,  he has invoked the name of Ray Lewis many times and as we know Marvin Lewis is very close with Ray Lewis and his career.   He has also called Foster the best player in the draft which sounds like it would come from a source because nationally Foster doesn't get that tag very often.  Also loves his "FOOTBALL" leadership.   Mentioned his game tape is so good it looks like a highlight film.

Lap has also taken a time machine back to last year in which he implies Will Fuller was a target for the Bengals until he was selected.   Ross is a better prospect than Fuller and all the reasons they like Fuller still exist this year and they have a chance to add a better prospect.

Not a shock, but Mixon sounds more and more like he's in play for the Bengals.  Lap even went back to when he met him as a Freshman at Oklahoma or something and how he was dominant back then.

Just from general draft talk -   Jonathan Allen has a good chance to make it to the Bengals.  Shoulders are a big concern but has a great character background with great football prospects.

Then supposedly this is a deep defensive draft and many talking experts have suggested going after the prime offensive players first then go get defense because there are a lot.

5 hours ago, membengal said:

Ross would excite me because his speed opposite Green would change a lot about how teams play us. 

1st pick needs to be a player that will make an immediate and positive impact - i believe Ross can/will do that, so I wouldn't be upset with him at 9

I don't see a corner as BPA once they get to 9. Not if Howard, Ross, Foster, Allen, Reddick, Cook or Barnett are there. So, I doubt they select a CB.

Interesting chatter about them maybe looking at Davis Webb at 41, if there. hmmm....

1 hour ago, COB said:

Just watched a highlight tape of Ross.  He tore up Oklahoma State's DBs in the TicketCity Cactus Bowl.  

I hope you noticed he's more than just a 9 route guy. He's a versatile WR, with tons of ability. If folks are looking for impact, he or OJ would yield that. 

I have a feeling almost any pick for the D in r1 or r2 would end up sitting ie little impact (Dennard, Kirkpatrick, Hunt, even Dunlap) 

19 minutes ago, Stripes said:

Apparently the draft starts tonight?  I genuinely had no idea.

Life is so easy when you don't care.

Yup pretty much where I'm at.

Ill come back to check who the bengals take, but I have not followed it enough to have an opinion this year.

22 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Ross is certainly exciting. Foster intrigues me greatly and has been a want of mine from the start. Either top safety would be fun since they never do that. Thomas falling would be great but not likely.

Players I would hate:

Taco, any CB, Reddick, Harris

Reddick is very good. Possibly more effective in our scheme than Foster. Foster has shoulder injury red flags, Reddick has none. 

I hear you on the others, though. 

While I'd prefer DEF over Ross, it wouldn't be a bad pick by any means (to clarify).

I do have a feeling if Foster or Allen fall, Marvin will pull that trigger, all three players have recent and past injury red flags.

Then again there's always Charles Harris or Fournette if those 3 are gone (a possibility).