Draft Pick Watch

HoosierCat

29 minutes ago, UK Bengal said:

I know I'm dreaming but any chance we get a shot at fournette lol

He's my dream pick but even at 6 he might have been gone. That said, ask again later. RBs rarely go high in the draft any more so maybe they get lucky.

41 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

They are comparing him to Trent Richardson, if he is anything like him, then no thank you! 

There are also Comparisons that say he's better than Gurley.   At this point who the hell knows.   Would love to pare Dalton, Green, Eifert, Gio with a monster runner.

5 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

There are also Comparisons that say he's better than Gurley.   At this point who the hell knows.   Would love to pare Dalton, Green, Eifert, Gio with a monster runner.

So would I, and if he is the guy then that's awesome, I just don't want to waste a high pick on Trent Richardson. Still early for me to even look at guys from the draft, but if he's the monster RB this team needs, then get him.

2 hours ago, Walrus said:

Fournette looks great, but guys who are so physical at RB, already with some injuries... thanks, I'll pass!

Couldn't agree more.  He could be Earl Campbell, but lately huge running backs have short and injured careers in the NFL.  Too much risk for a first rounder.  

Plus, for a first rounder next year we need to look for that special talent, like some kid from Azusa Pacific who missed his senior year due to injury, he only started 3 games his junior year but he had huge numbers, he has the biggest hands in the draft, basketball is his first love (he was all state in high school), didn't play football until he was 17 years old, and his dad was college teammates with Jay Hayes.  THAT'S the kind of first rounder we need to go get.  

Counter point on the Rb life span.    I think it's reasonable to expect them to last the length of the rookie deal which is five years.   That's probably what you have left in the Dalton/Green  prime years.

I'd take a Terrell Davis/Jamal Lewis flash and burn impact for a first round pick. 

The real concern of the recently successful first round RBs.   Is it the back or is it the line?  Because I don't see a whole lot of push up front this year or last year.   Not sure how they get back to dismantling front 7s like they did in 2014.

1 minute ago, Walrus said:

... or is it the formations? Hill ran well behind a FB in college; the Bengals signed a talented young FB last offseason but don't give him snaps. Oh, Bengals...

I thought it was formations last year and still do think that was part of the problem.   This year there's been quite a few break downs on the backside from the edge.  

I do think Hill isn't the most comfortable in the system as the Bengals run a lot of runs that read the front side blocking and then have a backside option.  I think Gio and Burk hit those harder and quicker.

Hill has done best against teams that get their edge guys up the field and the Bengals trap. 

But push has been a more of a problem.  They just aren't that physical.  It looks like they try to shadow defenders instead of pancake them. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Counter point on the Rb life span.    I think it's reasonable to expect them to last the length of the rookie deal which is five years.   That's probably what you have left in the Dalton/Green  prime years.

I'd take a Terrell Davis/Jamal Lewis flash and burn impact for a first round pick. 

I'm with you here. You look at the key guys, Dunlap is 27, Geno is 28, Green is 28, and Andy is 29. We are pretty much in the heart of their prime. If there was ever a time to draft for now, not the future they way they have the last couple drafts, this is it. If you can add a superstar RB, do it. BUT the way they seem to be going at the moment they'll push themselves too far down in the first round and it will be a moot point.

14 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

And Brees is picked with :57 left trying to come back. Bengals now out of the top 10.

Still lots of talent in that range 10-14...

WR from Clemson, Mike Williams. 

FS from LSU, Jamal Adams. 

LB from Vandy, Zach Cunningham 

All would be nice fits.