Bengals @ Giants Game Thread

HoosierCat

So....I am always asking for a lineman.  

Last year, they gave me two, and I mistakenly thought that was too many

Should have taken 1 more

Ogbeuhi is a bad joke, so bad he makes the gawdawful Bodine look competent

and the other pick can't even get on the field amidst this incompetence?  He''s even worse?

Very sad the rest of the team falls apart right as Dalton has finally put it together

Hey Marvin, our season is over, do us all a favor and hand in your resignation. You had two week to prepare for this game and you didn't make any adjustments as usual. Still have no sense of urgency; you do know we don't have the run the clock down to one second before we snap the ball on every play, right? It'd be nice if the players on the field actually jogged back to the huddle or line of scrimmage after a play. Even Gruden was making comments about us taking our sweet time at the end of the 1st half.  This happen every single game. We still have discipline issues!  Penalty after penalty. The Giants suck and we let them beat us! Pathetic, absolutely pathetic! Hey, here is an idea, on 3rd and one, why don't you bring Hewitt and Peko on the field to block for Hill? That's thinking way to out of the box for you isn't it? He's another crazy idea, why don't you put Hill and Geo in the back field at the same time?

I know the powers that be will say we're only a game and a half out, but I say shut it down.  See what you have with Ogbeuhi at OG instead of OT.  See what Fischer can do at RT.  Sorry Cedric, we need to see what the rookie 1st rounder CB can do.  Get the rookie LB in there for real snaps.  See if Westerman can play C.  Try 2 or 3 kickers.   Play Uzomah again.  Sit Peko, get the new DT out there.Don't forget the CB we picked off waivers, need to see him too

I hate, HATE, watching this team get the ball at the end of the half (regardless of time remaining) and see them halfass it out there.
They run a couple dumbass plays going nowhere and then when one hits, THEN they want to get urgent.
However, they wasted so much time, they end up with nothing more than a Hail Mary attempt.
Sadly, the other teams know the Bengals aren't even going to try.

That end of first half was bad, again.    Don't call a time out when Giants have the ball to preserve time.   Then basically half ass it to just set up a hail mary attempt.    Who does that?    Hail Mary's are supposed to be last resort.

IF Ced isn't the worse tackle he's the 2nd worse tackle.   If he isn't getting pushed back,  Dalton is assuming he's going to so it doesn't really matter.   No faith in that guy right now.

Not disciplined enough to play the amount of zone coverage they are.    Not good enough tacklers to play the amount of zone coverage.   

Run blocking isn't good or consistent, I guess.   When it is,  Hill gets taken down by his foot to often. 

Couple of things from me:

3rd downs, offensively and defensively are appalling. It doesn't seem to matter if it's 3rd and 1, 10, 15, 300, we're not stopping it. Conversely, 3rd and 1, a foot, nope we're going backwards. 

Constantly out coached, both sides of the ball. The challenges Lewis does or doesn't do are baffling, surely you challenge the boyd td catch? (That was the game for me)

Why does Dalton always have to field each snap by his feet? Why is the snap not coming up to his hands/chest area like everyone else? Surely the extra second he's basically picking the ball up off the turf is a second he could be trying to find a receiver (or more likely trying to see round the impending collision with his own lineman)

Why do we only ever seem to play one quarter? Once again this week we were good in the 3rd, and that was about it. The giants were clearly there for the taking, no running game and manning doing his best to keep us in it, and yet we do the "hand the ball off to Hill to run into his own lineman" trick.

Ugh, I had to wait all day to watch that, though I'm glad I didn't stay up to watch it, I feel for those who did :(

A terrible afcn this year that we could have walked but for piss poor coaching, ill discipline and pointless penalties...... I'm sure I've heard that before somewhere ;)

The family and I stayed up til approx 5:00am, took days off of work and school, and were served up the same helping of shite that only Marvin can muster after an extended break.

The NYG haven't been able to run on anybody all season yet Jennings was able to do it on us last night. The Bengals were not able to do likewise due mainly to poor line play.

NYG converted 6 of 14 3rd down attempts, the Bengals succeeded with just 2 from 11.

The Bengals gave up 9 penalties for 60 yards.

The Bengals had an opportunity to pick up the pace right at the end of the half but chose not to do so. The result was a hail mary attempt whereas a bit more urgency earlier on could have given an extra play at least and maybe put us in FG range.

In 3rd and long situations the Bengals seem to throw the quick screen to a receiver in line with the scrimmage line then ask them to battle for the yardage. Invariably it fails/comes up short ...why not go for a pass that gives positive yardage at the point of reception? That really does my head in trying to figure that out !

We're just out-coached time and time again. Some awful O-line play and Paul Alexanders mantra of "I fricking love this guy" in relation to picking up OoglyBoogly in the draft shows he is delusional or needs to be drug tested. OoglyBoogly will prove as big a bust as Anna Nicole Smith and will probably suck just as much.

Broom + clean sweep required. Then bring on the draft. This season is done!

Need new blood.    Marvin costs you two downs in situations in which penalties and/or unsuccessful first downs occur.    He will enter a 3rd and long as 1 down and many times playing for a punt.    Many times he should be viewing it as he has 3rd and 4th to convert a 1st.

Also Marvin defers to get the ball back in 2nd half.    The defense more than likely will play against a big play TD and give up yards.   Clearly if the offense take the ball under 2 minutes with the ball less than the 35 yard line he's going to sit on it. 

Absolutely terrible game management when it's proven time and time again top CBs can't shut down AJ Green and there's a good chance he draws a penalty. 

What's the point of having Dalton/Green if you are still playing the game like it was the 2000 Ravens?

I mentioned Cody Core not long ago.
He certainly couldn't contribute much less than Wright, plays teams, and is healthy.
Where's the downside to giving him a larger look see ??

There are some questions about some of these young players that it would be nice to have at least partial answers to.
With all the holes I think we have, it would be nice to know about Core and Vigil.
Then there's still hope with the injured Jackson and Billings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I mentioned Cody Core not long ago.
He certainly couldn't contribute much less than Wright, plays teams, and is healthy.
Where's the downside to giving him a larger look see ??

There are some questions about some of these young players that it would be nice to have at least partial answers to.
With all the holes I think we have, it would be nice to know about Core and Vigil.
Then there's still hope with the injured Jackson and Billings.

Yup yup yup. Time to give Core and Vigil more snaps. If WJ3 can get healthy, bring him back and leave Peerman on IR so we can get a look at him too. Find some snaps for DeShawn Williams; there's absolutely no point to Wallace Gilberry now.

It's also time to make decisions this organization isn't used to making.
Bye to players like MJ, Peko, and Maualuga.

Other teams do this routinely, but the Bengals want to be viewed in a greater light or some horsecrap and let players earn their whole contract without question.
Leon Hall immediately comes to mind at 10 million for that last year.  What the f*ck ??

Coaches that must have dirt on the front office also need to go.  Hello Alexander !!!
Again, I'm not sure what will happen should all this change occur, but isn't it time ??
Should we expect more with little to no changes from the organization ??

Glad we didn't make any large changes on the defensive side of the ball Guenther was talking about.
Marvin stepping in to clarify things, actually clarified things quite well.
THINGS WON'T CHANGE...