Washington @ Bengals (London) Game Thread

HoosierCat

3 hours ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

Those terms don't literally refer to skin color.  Maybe I'm some bleeding heart liberal, but I think this controversy is a legitimate one.  The name of that team is awful.

I live next to the Yavapai Apache Reservation here in Arizona. I've seen them wearing Redskins gear. Hats, team jackets, the works. They don't seem too offended to me.

I can't speak from experience because I'm not a Native American.  But, the intention of the name was not out of disrespect.  If you look at Miami University and their former use of Redskins, I know that a few decades ago they had members of the Miami tribe give permission on how they used that mascot.  They designed the dress, the colors, etc for the person that walked the sidelines during the game.  The tribe was a part of the tradition at that school.  I can't speak for Washington, but I do think that intention has alot to do with it.  For example, the word "retarded" was socially acceptable by definition.  Then it changed when people got offended by the word. Then it changed again.  So, who's really got the problem with the words?  Who decides something is offensive?  If anything it should be the people with that so called definition.  Not a bunch of white people who want to feel good about a cause.  But I digress.

• Like 1

Just checked the time, and it appears the game is at 9:30 am eastern.  Good news for me.  Typically, on Sunday even if it's a 1 o'clock game, my mind is pretty well occupied by the game from the time I wake up until the game starts.  This will free up a big part of my day.

I got the yard work done ahead of time so I have absolutely NOTHING to do once the game is over.
I see some X-Box One with my son, playing ball in the yard, and have some nice beverages into an evening in front of the grill.
Plus, the weather is going to be great this weekend.  BONUS !!!

Better enjoy it while we can because that "F*CK YOU WINTER" thread will get revved up soon I'm sure.

12 hours ago, kingwilly said:

It's a bit early for me on the west coast. My youngest will probably wake me up anyways but I won't be happy about it. 

Who Dey think gonna wake me up? 

I'm with you willy. 6:30 AM is going to be an odd hour to be watching the Bengals game.