Browns @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

Yes, if you zoom out the reason the Burfict (and whoever the other Bengal was) close and hit Bennett is that they bit hard on Brady's pump fake.

Maybe it's just the angle on the replay but I don't think Burfict even touched Bennett's knee. Looks like he swept the lower left leg with his right arm to knock him off his feet.

Just now, HoosierCat said:

Yes, if you zoom out the reason the Burfict and whoever the other Bengals was close and hit Bennett is that they bit hard on Brady's pump fake.

Maybe it's just the angle on the replay but I don't think Burfict even touched Bennett's knee. Looks like he swept the lower left leg with his right arm to knock him off his feet.

I believe that, but damn you would think that Burfict Murdered someone on the field. It's awful the attention this team gets anymore, just stupid

IMO, Burficts deserves the negative attention and rep he's got.   He's a dirty player, period.    The national narrative is annoying because they can pick and choose what they make an issue out of. 

Look at the Giants and ODB.  I swear it's Ocho Cinco all over.   Whatever sells    

Judge for yourself, but here's what I see.

Burfict moving on the play, but not looking for the ball (as he's looking down) and plants his shoulder into the back of Bennett's left knee.
People can take up for him all they want (I won't judge you or get mad) but that shit is dirty by almost every measure by the way I view it.

It just it what it is.  He's a dirty player.  When he plays under control, he's a game changer.  When he doesn't, you get crap like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5RqQcoAnK8

21 hours ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

I feel good about the Browns game.  I think the Bengals are capable of losing to them, but it'd be more likely to happen in the road game.  It's the Redskins in London that worries me more.

Scottish will be at that one. I'm going with a win in London. 

Ok guys not to bring up Burfict again, but it appears they are looking at another play of his, where he stepped on Blount after a play. This guy seriously can't handle his emotions, and I'm guess this coaching staff can't control him as well. 

Im all for a guy pumped up, for some aggressive play, but stomping on a guy come on. 

No wonder the NFL as it out for the bengals, when a player does something so dumb, and it shows up on tape. Come on!

• Like 1

I just kind of don't care anymore. I've sadly come face to face with the fact I root for and enjoy a sport that it literally slow motion murder. There are all kinds of studies out there documenting the long term damage it does and that NFL player die earlier than the rest of the population, even if the ravages of the game don't sap their minds or bodies. Dirty play? Meh. I'm a horrible person for supporting this sport. What room do I have to talk?

It's pretty obvious that he stomped Blount's leg/foot/ankle, even if you can't see it explicitly. I'd not be surprised to see him sat down another stretch of games and get a big fine. 

Burfict *seemed* to be in control but these videos show quite the opposite. Quite. 

Wow, another video ??  From the same game ??

Tell me I'm trying to see what I want to see, but I see a real dick move on Burfict's part. 
These two plays should result in him being sat for the remainder of the season.
Season be damned, you simply can't have that crap going on.

Lack of discipline and immaturity from a supposed "team leader" is a poor look for this team.
I was wrong, this team does have an identity.

I'm at a loss for words looking at these Burfict vids.  The effort is just not there.  He could have ripped that dude's knee apart, but what I see is a halfhearted, 50% effort, sort of roll into the guy's leg.  The "stomp?"  I've seen worse at a first grade soccer game.  

It's like Burfict is still in there somewhere, harboring his normal insatiable desire to maim his fellow man.  But when he tried to implement any mayhem, it's like there was a slow motion effect that suddenly grabbed him.  He could have wrecked either of those guys.  Instead I see a shadow of the former Burfict.  

35 minutes ago, COB said:

I'm at a loss for words looking at these Burfict vids.  The effort is just not there.  He could have ripped that dude's knee apart, but what I see is a halfhearted, 50% effort, sort of roll into the guy's leg.  The "stomp?"  I've seen worse at a first grade soccer game.  

It's like Burfict is still in there somewhere, harboring his normal insatiable desire to maim his fellow man.  But when he tried to implement any mayhem, it's like there was a slow motion effect that suddenly grabbed him.  He could have wrecked either of those guys.  Instead I see a shadow of the former Burfict.  

Heh.