Browns @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

Bengals will lose against the Browns. Despite showing moments of sharpness, they still play undisciplined "Marvin" ball. 

Hue has extracted a huge amount out of a junk pile roster, staying in almost every game they've played, fighting to the last. 

Injuries aside, Eifragile aside, Cincy loses. 24-23.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Yeah, Hue knows the Bengals all too well, and Zampese is still basically using his playbook (badly). Feels like a loss to me.

I get the feeling zampeses play book is done in crayon with drawings of clouds and unicorns all over it.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

I feel good about the Browns game.  I think the Bengals are capable of losing to them, but it'd be more likely to happen in the road game.  It's the Redskins in London that worries me more.

Scottish will be at that one. I'm going with a win in London. 

2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

The fact they suck may finally be sinking in: 

A lockeroom such as the Bengals that has years off playoff experience should expect to win in New England and thus their doubts after the loss are expected. 

However anyone outside the lockeroom expecting any chance of victory is fucking crazy.  

AFC North is very much in play and the lockeroom needs to gut through Oct to get two wins against former coaches.  

Circle the wagons and all that jazz.  

Hopefully New England takes care of business in Pittsburgh against Landry Jones.  Baltimore will be at the Jets, which I think is a toss up.

If the Bengals handle their business against Cleveland they could easily be looking at just a one game deficit in the division race.

Bodine in a boot after the game (unsurprising). Hobs: 

_The Bengals may be working out centers Tuesday. Russell Bodine left on the last play of the third quarter with an ankle injury and T.J. Johnson played the rest of the way. Lewis indicated it's not broken, but Johnson is the last center on the roster and even an ankle sprain is at least a week or two and possibly more.

My guess would be he's out until after the bye at least. If TJ looks any good at all they'll have an interesting call to make. Alexander has fiercely defended Bodine but Marvin yanking Ced yesterday might mean he's tired of losing games due in part to this crappy oline. 

The o-line has sucked massive goat balls to this point and is a huge reason for the struggles of this team.

Bryan Stork didn't sign with the Browns when he tried out a couple Tuesdays ago.  Still left to wonder if the concussions are just too much for him to overcome ??
He certainly would present an upgrade (if capable) to anything we have to offer in house.  Outside of that, it's nothing but a hope and a prayer for improvement.

Speaking of needing a speed element to the passing game, can giving Cody Core a shot be any worse than having James Wright active on Sundays ??
Not trying to be funny, but Wright has been targeted a whopping 4 times in 5 games for 28 yards.  Maybe special teams related ??
Just thinking they need to add something else to the WR corps.  Anything...

This team is so the Colts of the AFC North, a great QB, a great WR and a bunch of other guys!

Really sucks losing those other great players and coaches, this team was building something real special, and now it looks like it's all coming down.

Hopefully they hold there heads up, and the locker room doesn't fold, and players don't start blaming others for things.

I don't know what will happen in this Cleveland game, maybe they can find a way to right the ship, but against bad teams does that say much. At some point they need to start beating these good teams, but from what I'm seeing there just not good enough for that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jonf45uk said:

I get the feeling zampeses play book is done in crayon with drawings of clouds and unicorns all over it.......

Speaking of that depiction, this is what I imagine Zampese's playbook would look like if it were a place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81QMiGhIymU

If you actually watch the video, princess unikitty even says, "And there's also no consistency".

Sorry for the random movie clip, but my kids love that Lego movie.
It's pretty amusing watching it with kids.

• Like 1

Really don't like the timing of this Cleveland game.    They are a bad team but racking up moral victories every week by losing but not sucking as bad as everyone thinks they should.

Former coach that the Bengals tried to keep coming to town looking for his first victory with a team he is molding into winners is annoying story line.   Ugh.  It's all too familiar Cleveland hype and I can just hear the post game now about how they are on the way up to the Superbowl in a couple years blah, blah, blah.  Cavs and Indians double Ugh.   Loser sports town becoming champions. 

3 hours ago, volcom69 said:

I don't know what will happen in this Cleveland game, maybe they can find a way to right the ship, but against bad teams does that say much. At some point they need to start beating these good teams, but from what I'm seeing there just not good enough for that.

Yup. This is one of those games from which nothing good is likely to come. If they win decisively, it will be dismissed as a W against a bad team (which would probably be fair). If they squeak one out, it'll be, "wow, Bengals are really bad, could barely scrape by Cleveland." And if they lose, it'll be meltdown city, at least among the fans and media. No telling how the locker room goes then but we all know how these kinds of bad years can snowball.

23 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

National sports talk shows calling for Burfict to be suspended.  

Yep everyone is calling for him to be suspended, it's amazing. The bengals are now the dirty team that nobody likes, and the refs are looking out for them each game.

This year really sucks, and it's just not fun anymore.  Damn I miss the past seasons teams. I just feel it's all going downhill.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do suspend Burfict, because it's what the NFL does.

I don't know, I look at the play and Burfict looks to have gone low intentionally.  Not because you can't go high either.
While I love the intensity that Burfict brings, that shit is pretty weak in my book.  If he's suspended, I won't be surprised or even upset.

That being said, hearing Patriot and Steelers fans get upset about this is laughable in my opinion.
When they had guys who played in the same manner, that was just good old fashioned hard hitting football.
Now that they don't have an enforcer (see dirty) player, it's simply outrageous and should not be tolerated.

Fuck Burfict for continuing in his lack of discipline and immaturity.
Fuck these hypocritical fans that overlook what their teams always have done.

Hearing Rodney Harrison be outraged by this hit is enough to make me want to stop watching football all together.
Patriot fans really need to pull their heads out of their asses.

Again, none of this condones Burfict.

I almost get to that point about not watching football all together or at least the NFL, because it has become nothing but a big joke. 

I can't say if Burficts hit was intentional or not, somebody said Brady pump faked to Bennett. However if it was then that is just so wrong on him, and he should be suspended, but I can't say. 

That said maybe something about this year, or that playoff game from last year really just had me in a bad mood about this team, or maybe it's some of the players and coaches. Either way yea it's just not fun like the past years have been lol.