Browns @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

26 minutes ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

I don't care about the media.  I hardly ever even pay attention to ESPN or Fox Sports or anything like them.  I honestly think Bengals fans tend to wrongly characterize what happens in the media anyway.  We're always the victims, nobody else ever gets treated like we do, blah blah blah.  I just don't think it's true.  OBJ for example has been a constant face in the news for his antics (in a negative light) just as much as Chad ever was.  I have had to see that for weeks and I don't even watch television.

There may be bias against Burfict specifically, but it isn't because he's a Bengal.  It's because he entered the league with a reputation, and any bad move he makes promotes confirmation bias.  I don't feel sorry for him when he does stupid things.

Well I don't know.   Let's put Burfict on punt return and have him break a punters jaw and see what the CBS/NBS crews have to say about it and compare.     Pointing out their bias isn't feeling sorry Burfict it's just the reality.    He's a dirty player and the Bengals franchise is portrayed unfairly.

I'm not going to feel guilty for cheering him on as a Bengal.  I hope he continues to operate in the grey area.   I have seen numerous examples of dirty/intimidating play effect the bottomline of winning.     It's just a reality in any contact sport.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Man I'm looking at what a mess the AFC North is right now. Get your shit together and win, and hell they might win the North. 

Time is now they need a gut check big time! 

It's gotta be deflating to know you can only afford 2, maybe 3 more losses the entire season with 10 games to go.  It's possible they can go 8-2 or 7-3, but not looking like that's going to happen unless some things drastically change, especially the running game and on defense.  

3 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

It's gotta be deflating to know you can only afford 2, maybe 3 more losses the entire season with 10 games to go.  It's possible they can go 8-2 or 7-3, but not looking like that's going to happen unleLindme things drastically change, espec ially the running game and on defense.  

I just cannot see that happening. Not due to the offense as much as the defense and their disipline. They could have gotten off the field many times in the past few games, stopping what eventually became scoring drives due to repeated stupid penalties. The opposing conversion rate on 3rd and long has to be at the bottom of the league.

On 17/10/2016 at 10:48 PM, BengalszoneBilly said:

Scottish will be at that one. I'm going with a win in London. 

Couldn't get tickets for the family to sit together so we'll be watching on TV and cheering the stripes .....we'll get a Bengals party going in the lounge :) 

• Like 1