Bengals @ Cowboys Game Thread

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, kingwilly said:

Read that Eifert, somehow, hurt his back during the walk through. This is wholesale bologna. He must have hurt his back lifting or during another activity.

Eifert's fragility is starting to be a real concern, having Utecht flashbacks. Uzomah will see tons of chances at Dallas, kroft has been meh. Wouldn't hurt to scan the guys coming out next year. 

Agreed. It's 1) early yet and 2) sucks to even think about, but 2017 is a contract year and if he can't go Sunday it will be something like 25 missed games in about 3.25 seasons. He's demonstrated that when he is on the field he is an elite TE...but can you justify elite TE coin to a guy who averages 1-2 months a season on the rehab field?

NFL needs to expand the roster to 60 .  That way you aren't having to sign steets free agents every week.  We know there's already ways for teams to support guys who aren't officially part of the team.  Just let them join the meetings and come into the stadium. What's one good reason why not?

Before the season started I had the Bengals predicted to be 3-1 (Denver defeat threw that out the window) and I had week 5 down as a loss at Dallas. I'm not confident either way as to how this game goes (???). 

The Bengals are playing a rookie QB (advantage Bengals) but historically, or so it seems, rookie QBs look like veteran Pro Bowlers against the Bengals (see Siemian for the Broncos a couple of games ago - so that's advantage Dallas).

Eifert still out doesn't help the Bengals with the Leagues worst red-zone success rate of 30% (a definite Dallas advantage).

In terms of yardage gained the Cowboys are a better running team, the Bengals a better passing team (equity). Both defences allow a similar yards per game versus the run, Dallas allows more yards per game versus the pass (this should be advantage to the Bengals but see above re red-zone conversion rate).

3rd down conversions - Dallas makes 50% of it's attempts, Cincy converts just 27%. However Dallas allows 43% success rate against them and Cincy allows 36% (advantage Dallas).

I haven't seen Dallas play this season but I'm hoping Dez Bryant is out cos the Bengals secondary has been burnt on several 3rd and long bombs torching the CBs for huge plays.

Dallas outscores Cincy by about 6 pts per game. Cincy allows on average 1 pt per game more than Dallas allows (advantage Dallas).

On the face of it Dallas are the favourites in this game, BUT - Cincy can kick-start their season, stopping the run and daring Prescott to beat you over the top then sorting out the 3rd down conversion/red zone issues and we could be off and flying for the remainder of the campaign!!

Guess I'll just flip a coin for this one

• Like 1

All I know is that when the bengals defense goes against a rookie or an Inexperienced QB they SUCK! 

So I have no idea who is going to show up this week, hell I still don't even know what kind of team this is. 

I do think the d-line might struggle today some, and hopefully the LB play there gaps against the run.

Should be a close game, hopefully they find a way to in the game.

1 hour ago, volcom69 said:

All I know is that when the bengals defense goes against a rookie or an Inexperienced QB they SUCK! 

Absolutely - and it's fu%*ing frustrating.

I also hope the O-line shows up for this game, we need to be able to run the ball better 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Clowns QB fumbles out of the end zone for a safety. Poor Hue.

OTOH Zimmer has the Vikings looking wicked good. I wouldn't be surprised to see him win a playoff game before Marvin.