Bengals @ Cowboys Game Thread

HoosierCat

Just now, AMPHAR said:

UGLY

Yep! Like I said I'm not mad that they lost, it's how they lost.

They had 10 days to prepare, and they looked awful. Penalties everywhere, Dalton had no time, confusion all around in the defense, hell I saw guys just standing around looking like they don't know what to do. 

I don't know what to make of this team, but I think to many important people have left this team. I just hope it dosnt fall apart.

• Like 2

Is it time and past time to bench Williams and Bodine?  Let me see Derron Smith at safety. Give Westerman or Johnson a shot at center.  Can they really be worse than that was?!  Maybe the rest of the team would take note of a couple starters getting benched.

I miss having an offensive line as good as the one that just manhandled our D line.

• Like 1

It was a horror show.

We no longer retain the vestiges of the toughness Zim instilled in this squad.  And in my opinion that toughness informed both sides of the ball.  It's gone, it's in Minnesota now.  You can turn on a Vikings game and very plainly see it.  It wasn't Marvin.  It was never Marvin.

Our guys don't play like a team.  We have a collection of players, the sort which requires an inspiring leader.  Marvin isn't that type.  Andy is not.  Guenther is not.  Zampese - fail.  We're screwed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, COB said:

It was a horror show.

We no longer retain the vestiges of the toughness Zim instilled in this squad.  And in my opinion that toughness informed both sides of the ball.  It's gone, it's in Minnesota now.  You can turn on a Vikings game and very plainly see it.  It wasn't Marvin.  It was never Marvin.

Our guys don't play like a team.  We have a collection of players, the sort which requires an inspiring leader.  Marvin isn't that type.  Andy is not.  Guenther is not.  Zampese - fail.  We're screwed.  

of course it was never Marvin, remember the days of Chuck Bresnahan's defense?

4 hours ago, TJJackson said:

I think I agree with you on this, in light of today's full-on fail. Might even get down to a 7-9, if they stay on this trajectory. 

U-g-l-y, you ain't got no alibi. 

The schedule after New England appears to get significantly easier.  Our very own redbengalsbucks (I believe it was him) called a 2-4 start to the season preceding a playoff berth for this reason.

I'm not saying I'm optimistic.  It's impossible to feel good about these turds after Sunday's performance.  But there's a readily visible route to the playoffs.

@ Patriots -- Hell no
vs. Browns -- Clear favorites
vs. Redskins (London) -- Probable favorites
@ Giants -- Tough but winnable
vs. Bills -- Tough but winnable
@ Ravens -- Tough but winnable
vs. Eagles -- Tough but winnable
@ Browns -- Probable favorites
vs. Steelers -- Barring serious improvements and better health, hell no
@ Texans -- Tough but winnable
vs. Ravens -- Tough but winnable

Take care of business and snag a few of those tougher games and a 9 or 10 win finish is still practical.  The bigger problem might be that the wild card competition in the AFC this year looks like it'll be loaded.

Don't take this as homerism though.  Even if they find a way to steal a playoff berth I have zero faith that they'd do anything with it.  This team is highly flawed in every area:  offense, defense, special teams, coaching, and the front office.

Sure there are many winnable games on the schedule, but the truth is they are just not very good right now.

I feel awful for Dalton, this o-line is trash, pure TRASH! I have never seen Dalton have to run around like this before!

So they have Green, and who else? Hell Dalton has nobody else to throw to. The bengals decided to let Jones and Sanu walk, and they are both doing great with there new teams, meanwhile the guys here can't get open!

So the defense has pretty much one pass rusher and that's about it? The talent which I thought they had is not very good. These CBs they drafted are trash, Jones seems to have lost a step, what a mess!

Coaching really blows! So glad they had 10 days to prepare for that mess that we watched yesterday! I'm really starting to think there time has past, everybody who was good is now playing or coaching for other teams, the guys here just look lost.

• Like 2