Bengals @ Cowboys Game Thread

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, COB said:

Damn, Zim's Vikings looked like a very well coached team last night.

More and more, I think we missed the boat by not hiring Zimmer.  And Marvin's exit plan looks like win 8 or 9 games in '16 and '17, then get the hell out of town.  Mike's promote from within philosophy is not likely to change.  So who does that leave us with as a head coach?  

Zim is having a hell of a season.      The Bengals aren't locked into hiring from within and actually have had a decent mix of outside hires. 

The guy at the top of list for next Bengals HC will be Vance Joseph.      He is 1 example of an outside hire that's gotten a promotion.      He was teammates with Duke Tobin at Colorado they both backed up Kordell Stewart in the 90s.   He has a well rounded football background as he played QB but to get a shot in the NFL he switched to DB. 

In addition,  if Mike and Katie listened to Marvin about a potential transition plan to Hue.   When Marvin leaves town (IF? I still think he will hang around as consultant or at least have possibility if he wants to) I bet he will be apart of the hiring committee for his replacement.

One piece of information I mined from a Cowboys board is that there is some concern about us having Haslett and Burney on our defensive staff.    Apparently they have served on a Redskins staff that have given the Cowboys offensive much problems schematically.  

and apparently their FG kicker has back problems from sleeping on a hotel bed.    Just some interesting thoughts. 

20 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

You know what? Forget him. He is evidently made of porcelain.

Shit wipes off of porcelain .....sometimes. It tends to stick to Eifert in terms of injury.  Chance for Uzomah to stand up and claim that spot for the foreseeable future

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Oh goodie, Ogbuehi AND Fisher not practicing today...

No Eifragile again either.

James Wright getting a vet day.

Dre sucking up:

Where is that practice facility?  Can that be the field I see from the bridge?  Doesn't look like it.

Read that Eifert, somehow, hurt his back during the walk through. This is wholesale bologna. He must have hurt his back lifting or during another activity.

Eifert's fragility is starting to be a real concern, having Utecht flashbacks. Uzomah will see tons of chances at Dallas, kroft has been meh. Wouldn't hurt to scan the guys coming out next year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

I don't like the thought of reaching far into the depth on a road trip to Dallas.  So sick of injuries constantly screwing this team.

.............................No.74 reporting as an eligible receiver