Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

Despite how well the Steelers played v DC, the Bengals D is a class above the Skins. It's just that simple. The Bengals O is also, IMHO, above the Skins. 

Can we get pressure on Benji? Looking at you Gene, Dunlap and the others. I hope so. 

Will the back end get a drop on his longer throws, absent Nelson? I think so. 

Will we hear the mental midgets (Steelers fans) whine and cite lack of Bell and Bryant if they lose? Count on it. 

I, too, hope for a clean(-ish) game but won't care one bit if their punter catches a whack, and if Mitchell is pancaked and if Shazier knocks himself out going head to head on someone. Shazier has a real technique issue dropping his head and will end up hurt sooner or later. I'll predict a Bengals win to vanquish the ghosts of the playoff loss. 31-28, on a 'Nuge chipshot at the end of regulation. 

Keep Dalton clean and get the running lanes going for Hill. Keep Steelers O off the field. Don't trade FGs for TDs. Those are my keys to the game. 

I'm going to say shallow drag routes in front of the LBs catching the ball in Timmons zone with Tyler Boyd will be $$$$$$$.

Timmons looks like he lacks the pursuit speed and that eventually put more pressure on their back zone players.   

Dont want AJ doing it because that's opportunity for the Mitchell cheap shot.    

Also WR on screens and quick throws better get down and out of bounds because the only way for Pitt to stop it is to hold up the WR and let the pursuit crash into them.    They went to this tactic last year.    Mitchell will give us 15 yarder at some point.   Hopefully it back fires and has no Bengal injury impact. 

Game is live on Sky Sports here in the United Kingdom on Sunday - 5:30pm show start, 6:00pm kick off

Ike Taylor on the DDFP said that Shazier was hurt. Sounded like he said something he shouldnt have....   I bet his knee is gonna be an issue for him even if he plays 

I dont worry about the Steelers when we play at their place.    I get more concerned when we are at home.  

The game will be low scoring and Big Jen will throw us his 4th quarter interception

Hobson:

INJURY UPDATE: Meanwhile, the Bengals secondary had a good day Thursday. Slot corner Darqueze Dennard(ankle) went full go for the second straight day and Jones (back) went full after being limited Wednesday.

Starting left end Carlos Dunlap (shoulder/toe) went limited for the second straight day. Backup defensive tackle Pat Sims (ankle) didn’t work again this week, which means he’s missed both full-scale workouts of the week and could be out. But he did play last Sunday after missing one day with the same injury. For the second straight week, wide receiver James Wright (knee), who played last Sunday, sat out Thursday to rest it.

The Steelers look to be getting healthy. Wide receiver Markus Wheaton (shoulder) went full go again after missing their opener. Linebacker Ryan Shazier (knee) went limited after sitting out Wednesday. Center Cody Wallace (knee) sat out Thursday after going full Wednesday.  

I'm feeling better about this game as the week goes on.  Exiting week one this looked like a loss straight up, especially after the Jets physically manhandled the Bengals and Pittsburgh looked the part in Washington.  I'm thinking the Bengals will be better able to settle in to the physicality of an AFC North game though, this is starting to feel more like a true toss-up.

I have no evidence or logic to support these assertions.  It's one of those meaningless gut feelings we forum-posting fans seem to have every week.

As long as they double (corners, not safeties) 84 all day long and force the geriatric RB to beat them (and yes, I know that he looked awfully good last week), I will be fairly happy even if we lose.

They need to learn to erase 84, even if it costs them a game to do it

The Rapist will be looking for 84 on every play, and as long as he is covered, that fruitless look gives the pass rush a second or two longer to get to the Rapist and drive his head into the turf

• Like 1

Got to limit their 3rd down conversions to have any chance in his game 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, COB said:

Hang in there Billy!  We need an early break.  We also need to turn our backs on their stupidity so they get the inevitable early flag(s).  A defensive or special teams score in the first quarter would help us a ton.

All my Cardinal fan friends are cheering for the Bengals with me. They too hate the Steelers. Good people.