Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

I don't like this game at all, bad things always happen during these games. Like Army said the bengals have no idea how to control themselves in these games, and  it's the most annoying thing about this team. 

Will see what they have learned from last year, and see if they can just play a normal game without getting over hyped!

1 minute ago, ArmyBengal said:

Seriously, I will keep track of the score, but absolutely will not be watching. 
The only thing I want to hear at the end of the game (win or lose) is that no one got hurt or suspended.
Have they grown up or has it been lip service since the playoff game?  I won't be tuning in to find out.

I'll be watching. I'll be screaming. I'll be cursing.

Just another Sunday for me.

559459_557599610971800_690620984_n.jpg?o

• Like 1

The Bengals are going to have to stop the run a lot better than they did in New York or I don't think it'll matter.  Even if they do stop the run they'll probably get toasted on a few third and longs, because that's what the Steelers are built to do.  You absolutely can't let them run all over you like Washington did.

• Like 1

After watching the Steelers make the Skins look silly, I have to believe that the Bengals D will defend Brown better with Jones, DreKirk and Shaw. Also our D-line is world's better than DC. 

The Steelers D is vulnerable, their back end is weak. If Shazier is out Fort is a good backup, not much fall off there. 

Steelers look sharp, time to get the game plan ready. 

22 minutes ago, kingwilly said:

After watching the Steelers make the Skins look silly, I have to believe that the Bengals D will defend Brown better with Jones, DreKirk and Shaw. Also our D-line is world's better than DC. 

The Steelers D is vulnerable, their back end is weak. If Shazier is out Fort is a good backup, not much fall off there. 

Steelers look sharp, time to get the game plan ready. 

The d-line needs to show up this game, they didn't have there best against the Jets.

• Like 1

I hope the Bengals can just play the game.  If they ignore the stupidity, I think Mitchell will do something horrific.  He could easily get himself kicked out of the game and hand us a 15 yard gain. 

The refs will be just waiting to pull the trigger on someone, let it be Pittsburgh, not us.

Having said all that, Ben looked damn sharp against the 'skins.  He's easier to play against later in the year, when the injuries are piling up and diminishing him. Tough game ahead.

I think Heyward is playing injured.   He had high ankle sprain late in preseason.   Didn't look like his old self vs. Skins.  Thought I noticed a slight limp. 

Got to to watch Brown on drag routes.   That was a big play for them in playoffs.   They also tried v Skins hitting Brown out of motion on a 3rd and short.   Same play he scored on the Bengals first drive up in Pittsburgh.  Just crafty and lines up every where 

I think the real head test for the Bengals here isn't "can they get past January and beat their rival?".  They've already proven with this core that they can beat the Steelers.  That'd be nothing new, it wouldn't signal a changing of the guard, it would be nothing special.

The real head test is "can the Bengals get over themselves if they do win?"

We'll see.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

The real head test is "can the Bengals get over themselves if they do win?"

We'll see.

What a great point.  Hopefully with our core of quiet, down to earth type players (AJ Green, Dalton, Geno, Dunlap, etc,) this group can handle success better than some of their predecessors.

Absolutely agree with that.   Gruden and the Skins put up nearly 380 yards on them.    Bengals need to play their game and they'll win.   Won't be easy as Steelers are damn good on offense.  

IMO,   Bengals D is a tough and can contain the Steeler attack.

Both of these teams owe it to NFL fans to play a high quality game and get past all the ugly cheap shots and penalties. 

Although if it's going to be ugly nasty like it has been the past few years.   The bengals better throw the first few punches. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Gio down around Shaziers knee and still think we should send somebody after the punter for Huber's jaw. IF they want a wrestling match that is.  

• Like 1