Colts @ Bengals Scrub Scrum Thread

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

NFL Network has the Pats @ Giants game on. The 1st half is coming to a close and Brady is still in and taking sacks. Why would you do this?

Just a guess - with Tom out for the first four games, an injustice that in Boston is considered on par with 9-11, the holocaust, and the Black Death all combined, the Pats brain trust wants him to get some work in so when he comes back in week 5 he'll have not only a world record level of hgh in his system, but some game experience as well.

Another possibility - his teammates and coaches saw his snobby beyond belief mattress ad, and they're trying to get him killed.

• Like 1

Of all the things that are out of character for the Bengals, keeping Erickson and giving him the job is so fresh I can barely wrap my head around it. Maybe it doesn't work, but thrilled they are giving him a chance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Of all the things that are out of character for the Bengals, keeping Erickson and giving him the job is so fresh I can barely wrap my head around it. Maybe it doesn't work, but thrilled they are giving him a chance. 

I think the story might have been different if Tate had been on a multi-year deal, but re-signing him earlier this year to a one-year vet minimum contract signaled pretty strongly that the job was available if someone stepped up and took it. Which Erickson did. Like you said, hopefully it works out.

Bengals losing Sanu and Jones probably cost Tate more than anything.    They don't have the luxury this year to have a WR game spot solely for a safe kick returner and platoon punt returner.  

The 1 year deal definitely signaled the job was open.   Erickson looks like a natural in the return game.

Duke Tobin was on with Munoz during the game, and he talked about his boyfriend Brandon Tate.  Basically said cutting him was one of the hardest things he's had to do, and was pretty pointed about saying there's a good possibility Tate could be back on the roster.  I doubt that though, unless Tate's willing to sit around a wait for a receiver injury.  I think after week one he gets picked up quickly by another team.  He's an experienced and versatile guy, he could start for some teams.  I can see him ending up in Cleveland.  

Listening to Tobin talk was fascinating.  Pretty good insight into how the Bengals think.  Later, listening to Geoff blab, you really got an appreciation for how smart Tobin is.  

• Like 1