Dolphins @ Bengals Game Thread

2 hours ago, volcom69 said:

So in the first half of the Broncos game, they actually ran the ball well and pretty consistent, however the second half they ran it 8 times. I'm still kind of confused on what this team is and what they are trying to be. 

Ill be interested in seeing which way the offense goes in this game, so only time will tell.

The defense has been so bad, how they let a young QB throw for 4 TDs against them is beyond me. hopefully they don't let Ryan throw all over them.

If they want to right the ship it starts this game, they have a bunch of winnable games, but it has to start now! 

The series in the 3rd quarter after the fumble recovery was a disaster.   Pure hindsight is 20/20 but I would have come out running. 

Odd little thing that caught my eye looking at the stats so far this year: the drive starts so far this year are the worst they've been in the Dalton era. Numbers might just be skewed from the Pitt game...or maybe we're seeing the impact of no Peerman (and maybe, dare I suggest it, no...Tate...?)

So far this year the Bengals' average drive start has been the 24.5 yard line. The average opponent's drive has started on their 30. In 2015 those numbers were practically reversed, with the Bengals starting on their own 30.1 and opponents on the 24.7. That's a net flip of 10 yards in the wrong direction.

Before this year the Dalton-era Bengals had an average drive start under 30.1 just one, in 2013 (26.9). This is the first year opponents have average starting on the 30. The previous high was 29.5, also in 2013.

Again, it's early, small sample size, etc. but worth watching IMO.

Miami coming in banged up.

Miami Dolphins tight end Jordan Cameron suffered a concussion Sunday and will miss Thursday night's game against the Cincinnati Bengals, coach Adam Gase said Monday.

Cameron, who has a history of concussions, suffered the injury in the second quarter of the Dolphins' 30-24 overtime victory over the Cleveland Browns.

Gase also said Monday that running back Arian Foster, who missed Sunday's victory with a groin injury, is unlikely to play Thursday night. Kenyan Drakestarted in place of Foster on Sunday, while running back Jay Ajayi scored the winning touchdown in overtime.

Gase also wouldn't commit to center Mike Pouncey making his season debut Thursday, despite the fact that center Anthony Steen is likely out with a high ankle sprain. Steen has been starting for Pouncey, who has been out with a hip injury. Kraig Urbik is expected to start at center Thursday.

Cameron missed five games due to concussion issues in 2014, his last season with the Browns. He signed a two-year contract with the Dolphins in 2015 and played in all 16 games last season.

This season, he has eight catches for 60 yards and a touchdown in three games

1 hour ago, volcom69 said:

So are the receivers getting open besides AJ? Are they beating man coverage?

Just seems like Andy is holding the ball a bit longer, maybe I'm wrong though. I remember last year he had one of the quickest release, I still wonder if he is at the top yet. 

IMO,  Andy missed some open players last week vs. Pitt.   Also a wet ball caused some incompletions/bad throws.  The 1 sack was on him from that game. 

There were some drops in the Denver game.   AJ had a critical one.  Uzomah had a couple it seemed.   Will have to watch all-22 to get a sense of players getting open.

Marvin did throw a jab in at the refs saying something to the effect they had too many defensive holding penalties at wrong time but of course the team that held all day, won.

13 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Billy, just saw the weather forecast and don't know if we will make it there or not at this point.

Might be one of those last minute grab tickets and go.

Either way, I know where you are at !!!

Wassup with the weather? Should I pack my Marine Corps rain gear? 

2 hours ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

My brother got our tickets for the game. If any of you guys are there you'll know where to find me.

14479621_10207464430391579_3004499757090

Section 310 for us ...,..not quite as luxurious as the club suites but hey we're grateful to be there at the game

• Like 1

I think you'll have a good time, Scotty.  If your section is filled with a bunch of weenies that refuse to stand up and make noise when the defense is facing a third down, please scream at the people around you.  335 and 336 were awful on Sunday.  I know it's the nosebleeds, but that doesn't mean people get to sit there with their fingers up their arses all game long.

Shit drives me nuts every time I go to PBS.

2 hours ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

I think you'll have a good time, Scotty.  If your section is filled with a bunch of weenies that refuse to stand up and make noise when the defense is facing a third down, please scream at the people around you.  335 and 336 were awful on Sunday.  I know it's the nosebleeds, but that doesn't mean people get to sit there with their fingers up their arses all game long.

Shit drives me nuts every time I go to PBS.

We,ll be shouting loud and proud - probably why we we're up in the heavens!!! 

1 hour ago, volcom69 said:

Hobson said a game time decision. I doubt he plays, it will give him extra days to rest before he plays in the next game. 

Hold him out till hes 100%, not any good reason to hurry such a key component until he's really ready. If this was the playoffs or a late season thing, maybe. Right now, no.

• Like 1