Roster situation

kingwilly

9 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

I dont understand why Peerman and Jackson havent been put on on IR with designated return *right now*

They have to be carried through onto the final roster to be eligible to come back (and only one can). I believe they can shift them to IR later today.

Driskel?  Never even heard of this dude.  Potentially shopping Mr. Webb during this season to an NFC contender who loses their QB?  Maybe Mike saw what Zimmer paid for the Eagles never was quarterback, and got so excited he used some old rebar to break out of the basement Katie locked him in.

All in all, confusing.  Also, PJ Dawson just egged my house, he's got immaturity issues and dude needs to grow the F up!  Great, he just took a shit on my lawn, little bastard thinks he's funny.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

I think Hopkins will be one of the two active roster signings after Billings and Peerman go on IR/return.

CW is Dawson will get the final hole on the PS. Now all of a sudden Twitter is full of stories sourcing Bengals coaches about how he is immature, needs a wake up call, blah blah blah. Convenient.

This is all so weird. I'm at a loss to even speculate on what they are doing. It has the makings of a terrific mess. 

With so  many teams searching for quality I don't see Dawson getting through to the PS. 

• Like 1

Some interesting facts about Jeff Driskell, the stiff who is polluting our roster with his weak 3rd string qb presence:

1.  He keeps a small group of seagulls, 7 or 8 of them, in his apartment as pets.

2.  He studied to be a serial killer online at JL Tech School of Serial Killing, until the federal government defunded the school's student loan program.

3.  Was thought to have a developmental disability at his middle school in Florida, until the school realized that all the cells meant to go to his brain got siphoned off to his spectacular throwing shoulder.  Got A's from then on.

4.  Drives a Dodge Stratus.

5.  Can identify up to 5 species of trees on field trips.

6.  Authored and introduced a bill in the Florida legislature to outlaw commercial bungee jumping, but failed to garner enough support and the bill died in committee.

7.  Almost had Will Muschamp's baby while at Florida.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

I don't know why we're supposed to prefer Aaron Murray over this Driskel guy.  I am completely disinterested in both of them.  I don't really think this is freak out worthy.

I think the "freak out" is justified in that the Bengals are now going to have to waste a valuable active roster spot on a developmental QB, and in the process further weakened a special teams unit already hit with the loss of their best player, Peerman. Tack on that they have legit needs at corner, RB and both lines, and Driskel just looks dumb. It's like if you car needs an oil change, brake pads and new tires but you go blow a bunch of money on chrome hubcaps instead.

Interesting take from Walter:

49ersb_logo.gif 49ers lose QB Jeff Driskel on waivers (stupidity): 2/10 Disaster Rating 
The 49ers waiving Jeff Driskel was a bit of a surprise, given that they talked him up all offseason. Driskel had two disastrous showings in the preseason, but played relatively well in the other two contests. He was the only young, promising quarterback on the 49ers' roster, and the front office was hoping to stash him on the practice squad. 

Whoops. 

San Francisco underrated Driskel's appeal, as the Bengals quickly snatched him off waivers. The 49ers now have no long-term hope at quarterback. 

This is probably irrelevant. Driskel has some talent, but he's unlikely to pan out in the NFL. I just wanted to write this to once again point out the utter stupidity of Trent Baalke. I don't understand the logic behind getting rid of a quarterback, or any other player you like while keeping someone else at the position who can't play well and is black-balled by the rest of the league. Retaining Communist Kaepernick is right up there on the list of dumbest things Baalke has ever done, and that's saying a lot because he has been guilty of many stupid things over the years. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/disastergrades.php#4ApYJZpeEhhoTjgR.99

I guess if we screwed SF that's something I can approve of.

All we can hope is that the kid turns out to be the next big thing at QB...

if im SF, I'd grab Dawson, out of spite.

also, just saw the cowpies dumped Showers to make way for the butt fumble. He's a better prospect than this dunce Driskel. 

On 2016年9月4日 at 11:57 AM, kingwilly said:

Who would you like they  bring in to help? 

Stephen Paea *signed by Browns 

Henry Melton

Cullen Jenkins 

Cam Thomas 

Kendrick Ellis 

Potroast. 

***Other... 

Good question.  If it were possible, (like replacing Chykie ) maybe take a stab at some of these DLs who were recently drafted but cut.  That atleast makes up for losing our young guys Billings and Hardison.

Round 5, Pick 152: Washington DT Matt Ioannidis(Temple)

Round 6, Pick 181: Jaguars DE Tyrone Holmes (Montana)

1 minute ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Also, sort of perturbed the Bengals' haven't spent a little $ on quality o-line depth, at really any position, as they are really thin on talent there.  Another injury of significance can make a big difference at this point.

Yep that is very true.  The guys behind Jake Fisher were TERRIBLE in the preseason.  Munoz kept saying Westermen looked good but I couldn't tell for the total meltdown occurring