Roster situation

kingwilly

Whit should either continue on here as an OG (Not likely unless he moves to RG as Boling is here through 2019) or retire as a Bengal.
I really don't want to see him playing in another uniform.

Even though I still think they finish the season on a winning note, this team really needs a coaching enema.
I don't mean just Marvin either.  Things seem stale and boring.  Honestly, this team isn't very interesting at all.

Yea it's been awhile since they have sucked like this, maybe we don't know how to act lol. 

For me anyways last years playoff game really threw me off, to where I didn't care about this team all offseason.

Marvin did a lot for this team/organization, but I'm starting to think it might be time to move on as well. What does worry me though is that Brown will hire some guy within, and Zampesse, Guenther or somebody will be the head coach. If they would hire outside, I doubt they would be able to fire the guys that are here now.

Yes it is very boring, stale it's just not as fun this year. Some of these guys playing, look like they don't care, everybody looks confused. Just not the same!

I get the stale/boring thing. For better or worse the Bengals of recent years could be a scary team. An offense with Eifert, Sanu, Jones and Green could put up points in bunches and the defense had a strong front four and a couple crazies in Pacman and Burfict. This year nearly all the weapons on offense are hurt or gone and the D is a shadow of itself. Geno is AWOL, MJ looks done, Pacman has been quiet and Burfict's been neutered by GOD-el. It's all a big bummer.

There you go Hoosier.  That pretty much nails it.

It's the answer when I try to figure out the identity of this current team.
As I said before, I think this is still a winning team, but it seems empty.
Almost mechanical to watch them go through the motions.

I just want to see them put it together and win some games.
What we watched happen in Dallas is enough to keep you from watching the rest of the season.
That sh*t was just ugly.

6 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

I get the stale/boring thing. For better or worse the Bengals of recent years could be a scary team. An offense with Eifert, Sanu, Jones and Green could put up points in bunches and the defense had a strong front four and a couple crazies in Pacman and Burfict. This year nearly all the weapons on offense are hurt or gone and the D is a shadow of itself. Geno is AWOL, MJ looks done, Pacman has been quiet and Burfict's been neutered by GOD-el. It's all a big bummer.

Yep, this team is a defanged and declawed cat. 

Tyler Kroft is really a bummer.  3rd round pick.  Same for Ced and same for Bodine the Trade Up pick.  Should have never resigned Boling.  Lapham said years ago that his problem is not physically being able to bend his knees and get into his blocks despite his athleticism... Cincy Jungle has a video of Boling doing just that against Dallas and giving up a sack/QB hit.

Its not like coaches on the Bengals and the rest of the NFL don't see it.  

Just a bad offensive line right now.

When my son opened his box, it contained only a coupon.  It read something like "we were out of cereal, mail this coupon back and we'll ship you a box that will arrive next week."  We mailed it, then the next week a box was delivered.  But instead of cereal, it contained another coupon that said mail this coupon in, we'll send you the cereal next week.  We sent it in, same thing happened again.  And again.   And again.  

• Like 1

The dot Com describes the possibility of them bringing in some centers to look at, given Bodines ankle. Maybe they cut Dansby to make space, he's a genuine liability out there. Much rather have LNR on the field.

Benching Cedric had to happen. He's clearly struggling and, not that Winston is an improvement but he's a veteran who we can hope will avoid the blatant holding calls that kill drives and momentum (at least). 

Zampese has underwhelmed as the playcaller so far. The failure to score on 4 downs from the quarter yard line was inexcusable. Just horrible. 

FWIW the pre-safety holding call on Ced was 100% bogus.

That said, he was getting beaten like 12 rented mules out there yesterday and needs to come out. Frustrating that the first guy in was Winston. I'd like to see Fisher but I guess he's still dealing with injury.

13 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

FWIW the pre-safety holding call on Ced was 100% bogus.

That said, he was getting beaten like 12 rented mules out there yesterday and needs to come out. Frustrating that the first guy in was Winston. I'd like to see Fisher but I guess he's still dealing with injury.

Agree, that call was a joke.  Alexander was given a first round pick, then was given a year to work with him.  That he appears to be wholly unprepared to compete at this level is an indictment of Alexander's judgement, eye for talent, coaching skills, and his chronically underwhelming blocking technique.  I'm so ready for the Bengals to move on from this guy.  

Why did they design this "ball out of qb's hand faster than anyone in the league" offense?  One theory is that they were setting the bar nice and low for Paul Alexander.  And he still ain't making it.

A minor gripe at this point, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. Am I mistaken or did Butler have a blatant arm bar on AJ on 3rd and goal on that long drive in the 2nd quarter? I wasn't in a place where I could hear commentary at that time...

It also seemed like they should have called for a review on the spot on 2nd down because Gio's helmet clearly broke the plane of the goal line as he came down. Couldn't tell when his knee or elbow hit...

The Bengals played 1/2 game of good football before the wheels came off. They're a good team with a few weak links but they're due for some wins. And a break from the officials.

101616aj.jpg

EDIT: here's the shot... I guess AJ just needs to get stronger to fight through crap like this.

I agree that holding or what some call hand fighting has been called very oddly.  I've actually watched members of our D be tackled on their way to the QB during rushes.  No idea what holding is and have no idea what a catch is or what constitutes a TD scored anymore.

On 10/17/2016 at 6:13 PM, GapControl said:

I agree that holding or what some call hand fighting has been called very oddly.  I've actually watched members of our D be tackled on their way to the QB during rushes.  No idea what holding is and have no idea what a catch is or what constitutes a TD scored anymore.

Well, I'll help us all out a little.  Let's say a bengal's player, or a Jag, or a Chief, does it - that's holding.  

Now let's say a Steeler does it, or a Cowboy, or a Patriot - that's not holding.

• Like 3