Roster situation

kingwilly

I've mentioned before some ideas on how to improve this team, via trade. 

One was to ship Whit to Minnesota for Patterson and a pick, in an effort to get another deep threat / dynamic playmaker. Whit is on the downside, and could end up finishing his career as a guard. To me, this move makes sense, Fisher is the next in line to be LT and Minny needs line help. 

Another I just thought of would be to ship Jeremy Hill to Miami for Cameron Wake (except for Hill being hurt currently) . Our team pass rush has been weak, MJ is not what he was and Clarke/Hunt are not there yet. Miami needs help at HB. 

Thoughts? Other ideas? 

My only thought is that if you are a good player, and you stay in Cincinnati for multiple contracts, the Brown family sort of adopts you into their inbred clan of weirdness and does crap for you that no other team would do.  They're more likely to move Whit into Mike's basement than they are to trade him.  

Independent of that, I hate the idea.  I think we could get several more years out of him at guard.  I'd hang on to the big fella.  Having Fisher and Ougubuehe suck so bad just has fucked up so many plans for this team.  

I still hold out hope that at least one of the two (Ced or Fisher) pans out well enough to be a serviceable OT. But yeah, if both go south that's a huge miss that will screw the team up for years.

Looking at the team right now I can't see anyone that I would be willing to trade, and who would have any real value. I don't think Hill or Whit would get much interest. Hill is probably best known outside Cincy for crucial fumbles and Whit is 5,000 years old in football terms (and it's starting to show). Probably the only four guys who would draw a lot of interest and thus maybe a decent return are Dalton, Green, Atkins and Dunlap. Dealing any of them would be putting up a big neon "WE QUIT" sign.

That said, should this turn into a 1990s-style 2-4 win season, I would have to take a hard look at all options come January.

• Like 1

McCarron holds value as trade bait, but there probably isn't a big enough return at this point to justify it.
We would simply have to turn around and burn another pick on a backup / developmental QB.

Honestly, I hated when we took BOTH Ogboogie and Fisher.
Maybe they simply felt they were too good to pass on, but the risk the team takes in them busting could be huge.
We are seeing that right now, but it's still early.  Ogboogie was thought to be the LT after Whit leaves.
He's very clueless on the right side however.

I think Whit would garner interest.i think Hill would too, especially for needy teams. Obviously, this is all in fun and an effort to fill time till the weekend.

We need pass rushers and deep threats to stretch the field. These are immense issues on the Bengals right now.

Whitworth option, teams that need Oline: Minny, Miami, Indy.

who would you want from each:

Minny: Patterson WR

Miami: Wake DE, Parker WR

Indy: Moncreif WR

Hill option, teams that need HB: Miami, Indy, Giants, TB

who wed ask for from each: 

Miami: Wake DE, Parker WR

Indy: Moncrief 

Giants: Pierre-Paul (and a pick from us)

TB: Jackson WR 

to me, these all seem like good value for value deals...

Jeez, I doubt they'd go after Wake but we can dream. That would almost make TOO much sense. 

I agree Hoosier with thought that a DE could contribute more quickly. Send Hill and get Wake (this is without any review of contracts, cap hits, etc.) 

Hill has not progressed much, maybe a change of scenery would help him...