Roster situation

kingwilly

2 hours ago, TJJackson said:

Sadly - no

I'd say - Maybe - That's the game now with the salary cap going up, and teams paying unheard of amounts for positions not thought of as big dollar spots. They like Z, he's about as good as they come, young and I'd say they might just pay market dollars to keep him. 

Cutting Whit (and maybe let Dre walk)  would offset keeping the interior line anchored. 

We shall see. I honestly don't know which way they will jump (and obviously how Kevin and Dre play this season will be big factor, too). But I think Boling's contract just last year was the biggest they've ever given to a guard, and that was half what DeCastro got. And they've been giving lots of love to Westerman for weeks now. Just seems like the wind isn't blowing in favor of keeping Zeitler, but it's a long time until March.

52 minutes ago, membengal said:

hey AMPHAR - not for nothing, but that was a really great game from Hunt. Glad to see it, and hope I am wrong about him. 

About time Hunt showed something in a real game.   Hopefully he can continue to eat some snaps up and give them a couple plays while the front line guys take a break.

I am stoked Hunt found some success, all of us want him to do well. He obviously has the ability to make an impact and maybe this will get him on a long stretch of high output. 

I was also impressed with Uzomah, which means we can stop hand wringing until Eifert returns. Boyd looked good, LaFell got going which helped AJ and Andy smoke Revis. 

Just saw a note that the Bengals are looking at Kenny Hilliard, to bolster the backfield. You'd think they kick the tires on Ronnie Hillman and CJ Spiller, too. 

To me, the bigger concern should be O-line depth. Giving up 7 sacks (to an elite D line) has me nervous. I'm not convinced they can keep Dalton clean. Whoever the look at in the backfield HAS to be able to pick up the blitz.

also, our db depth is a worry. Still no help there, with Dennard a question and guys like Brown and Lewis-Harris as the bench. Ugh.

11 hours ago, kingwilly said:

Just saw a note that the Bengals are looking at Kenny Hilliard, to bolster the backfield. You'd think they kick the tires on Ronnie Hillman and CJ Spiller, too. 

To me, the bigger concern should be O-line depth. Giving up 7 sacks (to an elite D line) has me nervous. I'm not convinced they can keep Dalton clean. Whoever the look at in the backfield HAS to be able to pick up the blitz.

also, our db depth is a worry. Still no help there, with Dennard a question and guys like Brown and Lewis-Harris as the bench. Ugh.

Burkhead should be the answer there, no need for another RB.  Would like to see some DT depth, and a new C though

• Like 1

5 hours ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

Burkhead should be the answer there, no need for another RB.  Would like to see some DT depth, and a new C though

Yep but Rex might still be coming off his injury or be limited in some way. Let's see more of a healthy Rex before they sign another back. 

Just thinking, I wonder if Karlos Williams is in any kind of shape? 

Yup. Hopkins released to make room.

http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/09/keivarae-russell-bengals-chiefs-waivers

Saw some chatter after Russell was ct that he was a head case but I don't know details. Time for teh Google!

ETA: his release appeared to baffle the KC press:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article101919557.html

The Redeemer strikes again

Cautiously optimistic about this move, but will hate it if we lose Hopkins over this. All the measureables look good to great. I even found a source saying he is a special teams standout, which is awesome since thats all he'll be doing (if anything) for a while: http://www.herloyalsons.com/blog/2016/04/29/russell/

Questionable on character.  Seems we have another DB who carried such baggage once as well.

Even if we get Hopkins back on the PS, we then probably lose Redmond, who seems to be a very promising OT

5 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Rebecca Toback ‏@Rebecca_Toback 2m2 minutes ago Bengals add Trey Hopkins to practice squad; release Tony McRae

Good to see them add Hopkins. Still baffling there is not a veteran Center out there in case Bodine gets injured. Maybe Tab Perry is available? You can bet SoP would give it a try. 

40 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Yeah, I would have little to no problem seeing Karlos Williams be given a chance after his suspension is up.
However, Burkhead is a very deserving player and still think he would be very good with more touches.

I think Burkhead is pretty much the guy that would come out of nowhere to put up 1,000 yards from scrimmage if he played in New England.  I am always in favor of giving him more touches as game circumstance allows.