Roster situation

kingwilly

i didn't see a topic for this, so let's dump our roster discussions in this one.

With WR starting to clear up, what other position group is still unsettled. Who is our 4th RB?

who makes the 5th cb?

any changes to the Oline ? Any Centers out there for depth? 

Kruger is very compelling. I'm thinking he'd be additive to the current group, more of a rush backer rather than an end, in nickel. 

At Center, the need for versatility might be the single reason they don't bring one in. Though Bodine isn't a G, either. 

With more cuts today, CB is the other spot of need. Keen to see who gets cut. 

Erickson simply made it too hard for the Bengals not to go in a new and younger direction.
His production on the field at WR along with return abilities has been nice to see.

Even though I have given Tate mass crap since being here, I wish him nothing but the best and thank him for the effort.
Good luck to him.

14 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!

honestly, not shocked considering the emergence of Erickson as a returner.

Tate also dropped a couple of passes v Jags and that might have done it. I'm certain someone will pick him up. Teams with bad Special teams especially, like the Rams, Chargers, Giants, Miami.,,

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Kruger is interesting.    They could use a situational DE rusher but he sucks vs. the run.   That would seem fill a void currently with Hunt and Clarke.

Don't really see them adding a DT but I would love Pot Roast since Billings got hurt.   Sims has looked good. 

who the heck is pot roast?

With Green, Boyd, LaFell, Core, Erickson and Wright, I feel good about our WR group.

Green, Boyd with Erickson in slot.

Green, LaFell and Boyd in slot.

Those are not a bad WR sets

There are a couple WRs that also might be appealing. Chris Givens and Reuben Randle are not too shabby, Givens especially with his deep speed. Since we didn't see much of LaFell it is hard to gauge his real speed at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Going all young at WR will be interesting to see how these guys do. The only way this offense works is if Dalton gets his passes off quick so that means the WR need to be in the right place. Guess will see how this all works out

With no experienced TEs, this will put some emphasis on the RBs operating out of the backfield or flexed to the slot or wide. I could see Rex and Gio getting out there in singleback (with Hill in next to Dalton) or empty sets.

Ace formation - Bengals use this quite a bit

AJ              Gio/Rex                OL OL C OL OL       Y(Boyd/Erickson)           Z (Boyd/LaFell)

Dalton    Hill

19 minutes ago, kingwilly said:

With Green, Boyd, LaFell, Core, Erickson and Wright, I feel good about our WR group.

Green, Boyd with Erickson in slot.

Green, LaFell and Boyd in slot.

Those are not a bad WR sets

There are a couple WRs that also might be appealing. Chris Givens and Reuben Randle are not too shabby, Givens especially with his deep speed. Since we didn't see much of LaFell it is hard to gauge his real speed at this point.

I wouldn't leave out Green, Core & Boyd in the slot. Very much reminds me of Chad/Henry/Housh.

3 hours ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

Welp, I'm surprised.  I didn't think they had it in them.  Erickson is definitely the better option as a returner so I'm good with it.  I hope Wright or Alford or whoever can perform adequately when called upon on offense.

Not like Tate had the highest production so should be easy to replace