Broncos @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

Geoff "sunshine, lollipops & rainbows" Hobson has some great news for us!

Matchup of the Game:  BENGALS RT CEDRIC OGBUEHI VS. BRONCOS SLB VON MILLER

C'mon, Geoff, give us some hope Ced can win this battle!

“From what I remember he hit me up pretty good,” says Winston of his first meeting of a marquee, big name pass rusher. “First road start. In Oakland. Derrick Burgess was just off a 16-sack year. Yeah, I think he got me pretty good.”

Um, OK, well, there's always...

“Remember? Willie got hurt in warmups,” Whitworth says of his Pro Bowl right tackle Willie Anderson that night in Indianapolis in just his ninth start at left tackle.

“So we couldn’t give me any help because Stacy Andrews was playing the most he had ever played at right tackle. It’s Monday Night Football on the road in a dome against Dwight Freeney and we both need a win to make the playoffs. It didn’t go real well.”

Winston’s Texans won, but Burgess had 1.5 sacks, a QB hit, and a forced fumble. A few weeks later, Whitworth’s Bengals got beat, 34-16, to Peyton Manning and the Colts and he allowed 1.5 of Freeney’s three sacks. Freeney added his signature move of three forced fumbles. Bengals.com airily called it Whitworth’s worst game as a pro.

Uhhhh...well, maybe third time's the char...

Plus, he’s already gone against Miller a few times as an 18-year-old scout teamer and it may not have been Whitworth-Freeney, but there is some local knowledge and respect there. Miller doesn’t remember getting doubled by Ogbuehi

“It didn’t go real well then,” Ogbuehi says.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Von Miller with 2 sacks that don't result in TOs or snuff out a scoring opportunity should be considered a win.   Shutting this guy is unrealistic. 

They key match up is that they like to get their OLB up field which makes them run chasers vs. stuffers.  The bengals have had success pulling and trapping Denver in recent meetings.   In addition ran over KC that employs a similar front with Houston and Hali.   

Getting the counter trey action and read option action working would help neutralize Miller.  

But given recent match ups there's a good chance this a 4th quarter decision and Miller is extremely dangerous.   He turned it on late against the Bengals last year. 

Currently sat in Atlanta airport en route to Cincy for the game 

• Like 2

Your women are safe, Mrs Scottish is with me as it1s our honeymoon. We should be sat in line with the 50 yard line 

• Like 2