Bengals @ Jaguars Gameday Thread

HoosierCat

3 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Extremely poor showing from the bubble/sure-to-be-cut fellas in the 2nd half, except for Erickson.  That o-line looks completely lost.

They pretty much are. Per Lap the guy at C has never played there before. Basically too many injuries, they're down to five guys from the stands.

How do they cut Erickson ??  Simply no way you get rid of a guy like that.
I don't know why they needed confirmation of Peerman's injury, you could see the arm break in the replay.  Brutal.
Speaking of brutal, any QB not named Dalton or McCarron.

VERY happy with the starters.  They just need to stay healthy.
Can we get a high school team to play against Indy this Thursday ??

Yeah, not a lot to witch about re the first stringers, with the usual caveats that it's preseason, it's the Jags, etc.

Erickson has made the roster. Who else on the bubble has done bupkis other than him? Wright, Alford and Kumerow have all been no-shows for the most part. Wright still has PS eligibility, don't know about the other two. But at this point it's Green, Boyd, Core, LaFell, Erickson and I guess Tate, just because of experience.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see Wright make it due to special teams contribution and Peerman going down may impact that decision.
Then again, the 6th WR is usually inactive, so I can't really say as I could call that last spot.
Erickson has been a stud.  Talk about taking advantage of opportunities.  No all-star type games at seasons end, no combine invite, and kills it.