William Jackson III

3 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

From Bengals.com.

Interesting.   So I guess WJIII will go on IR as normal but after 8 weeks they COULD select him or anyone off IR to return.    So there's no need to designate him or anyone at the end of camp.

This may be one of the smarter rule changes to happen in quite some time. Not discussed much but a very meaningful change.

13 hours ago, kingwilly said:

This may be one of the smarter rule changes to happen in quite some time. Not discussed much but a very meaningful change.

Agree.   I wish they would expand it for more than 1 player too.     

NFL needs to be smarter.   Most people hate the preseason because of Injuries to players in meaningless games and the cost.

Well the Bengals and I think other teams have cut the price of tickets in half for preseason games.  I think expanding the IR return rule would help with the angst over injuries.

It has gotten to the point in which fans don't even want their star players to practice.    Kinda of crazy when you think back to the days of true 2 a days and they just mauled each other in drills throughout the summer.

I think you definitely see "bad football" for the first month of the season as a result of being soft.