Marvin Jones Hopes Spoiled for 2016?

gregcook68

Jones ought to be happy about that signing, because there was no other WR on that team worth a crap.
That being said, if Jones truly is the #1 there and he gets doubled, he's done.
You can't tell me he didn't benefit from Green having defensive players shading to his side.
He won't have that in Detroit.

Boldin doesn't draw extra safety coverage too much.     He was an excellent big target, move the chains target for Flaco during their Superbowl year.

Jones was a good system player for us.    AJ Green drew a ton of attention.  

It seems like there are so many Free Agent stories of failure when the #2 guy goes off on his own.    There typically is favorable coverage and often overlooked is a good on field relationship with the QB that makes them so successful.

I hope Jones does well but I also hope the Bengals rebound better than they did when they lost Housh to FA.   It's my opinion that Housh and the Bengals would have been a lot better off with each other in 2009 and 2010. 

Of course,  if they don't completely suck in 2010 there's no reboot or AJ Green and Carson drama which was probably the biggest catalyst to have Mike Brown finally become a wall flower.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Boldin doesn't draw extra safety coverage too much.     He was an excellent big target, move the chains target for Flaco during their Superbowl year.

Jones was a good system player for us.    AJ Green drew a ton of attention.  

It seems like there are so many Free Agent stories of failure when the #2 guy goes off on his own.    There typically is favorable coverage and often overlooked is a good on field relationship with the QB that makes them so successful.

I hope Jones does well but I also hope the Bengals rebound better than they did when they lost Housh to FA.   It's my opinion that Housh and the Bengals would have been a lot better off with each other in 2009 and 2010. 

Of course,  if they don't completely suck in 2010 there's no reboot or AJ Green and Carson drama which was probably the biggest catalyst to have Mike Brown finally become a wall flower.  

Housh was frustrated when he heard about Jones leaving.  He said he wished he would have had a chance to talk to him beforehand.  He said you don't leave a team that has a system you know and where you are successful, ESPECIALLY, when you are being offered a similar deal!!!  He said once he left the Bengals that was the end of his career.

• Like 1

Yep.   It will be interesting to see how much of that deal Jones actually sees too.    Detroit is in that danger zone of rebuild if they don't get it done soon.

Jones has a 7 mil salary next season that becomes guaranteed 5 days into the league year and will represent cap savings. 

Could easily end up like Michael Johnson and Collins with Tampa Bay.