2016 Season Predictions

gregcook68

I'll play 'talking head' and throw it down first;

W-9 - L-7

@ Jets  W

@  Pitt  L  (Assuming they still let Pittsburgh yank their chain)

Denver  W

Miami  W (Only because I'm assuming law of averages has to catch up to them with a victory sooner or later)

@ Dallas  L  (Assuming Romo is playing)

@ NE  L

Cleveland  W

Washington  L (Upset)

@ Giants  W

Bills  W

@ Ravens  L

Eagles  W

@  Browns  L

Pitt  L  (See game 2)

@ Texans  W  (See Miami)

Ravens  W

@ Jets
@ Steelers
Broncos
Dolphins
@ Cowboys
@ Patriots
Browns
Redskins (London)
@ Giants
Bills
@ Ravens
Eagles
@ Browns
Steelers
@ Texans
Ravens

Yes, it's early, but I feel pretty strong about what we are going to get from the team this year.
I'm going to go with 13-3.  Yes, I'm serious.  Losses to Jets, Steelers to open the season with Eifert out and at the Patriots.
No reason, outside of injury we don't win the remainder of these game.  I don't buy into the Ravens being "back" this season.
Honestly, I see the Steelers with a similar record and they face the Patriots at home, so it will be tight.

Here's mine for a 10-6 season (subject to change following signings/injuries etc)

@ Jets  W

@  Pitt  L  

Denver  W

Miami  W 

@ Dallas  L  

@ NE  L

Cleveland  W

Washington W

@ Giants  L

Bills  W

@ Ravens  L

Eagles  W

@  Browns  W

Pitt  W 

@ Texans  L

Ravens  W

7 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

@ Jets
@ Steelers
Broncos
Dolphins
@ Cowboys
@ Patriots
Browns
Redskins (London)
@ Giants
Bills
@ Ravens
Eagles
@ Browns
Steelers
@ Texans
Ravens

Yes, it's early, but I feel pretty strong about what we are going to get from the team this year.
I'm going to go with 13-3.  Yes, I'm serious.  Losses to Jets, Steelers to open the season with Eifert out and at the Patriots.
No reason, outside of injury we don't win the remainder of these game.  I don't buy into the Ravens being "back" this season.
Honestly, I see the Steelers with a similar record and they face the Patriots at home, so it will be tight.

I can see an early season loss to the Steelers. Not the Jets. 

W     @ Jets
L      @ Steelers
L       Broncos
W     Dolphins
L      @ Cowboys
L      @ Patriots
W     Browns
W     Redskins (London)
W     @ Giants
W     Bills
W     @ Ravens
W     Eagles
W    @ Browns
W     Steelers
L      @ Texans
W     Ravens

I get  11-5 with a lot of hand wringing when they start out 2-4.

I'm banking on Eifert missing the first 3 games.  No certainties, but you know our crack medical staff...

I simply think starting the season on the road (AGAIN) with a new WR corps and no Tyler Eifert presents some issues for them.
Same thing with the Steelers on the road.  It can't be forgotten that Burfict is out the first 3 games either.

The Pats don't scare me, but they are always a tough team to play in Foxboro.
The rest of the teams on our schedule put little fear in my heart.  There isn't a single one they can't or shouldn't beat.

Are there questions with the WR corps ??  Sure, but how many people have argued that neither Mo or Jones were truly legit #2 WR's ??
I think Boyd fills in nicely for at least one of those two and I really do believe that LaFell will have a good season this year.
Aren't people also saying with how many targets we have, there are only so many balls to go around ??
The true test of that will be if Eifert is out for many games at the start of the season, but I'm not concerned at this point.

I'm curious what we get with Williams stepping in at the safety spot as a starter, but everyone sings his praises.
Burfict is going to be out, but he was out for the first portion of last season and I like the Dansby pick up as well.

I simply feel we already know what we have on the team.  If we were the Browns, the preseason might prove to be more telling.
Us ??  Again, I think we know what we have.  I'll stick with 13-3.  There is no reason to think they take a huge step back.
If anything, Hue leaving may be the biggest concern for the offense, but the players are the ones executing and Zampese isn't new to the team.

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Are there questions with the WR corps ??  Sure, but how many people have argued that neither Mo or Jones were truly legit #2 WR's ??
I think Boyd fills in nicely for at least one of those two and I really do believe that LaFell will have a good season this year.
Aren't people also saying with how many targets we have, there are only so many balls to go around ??
The true test of that will be if Eifert is out for many games at the start of the season, but I'm not concerned at this point.

I'm curious what we get with Williams stepping in at the safety spot as a starter, but everyone sings his praises.
Burfict is going to be out, but he was out for the first portion of last season and I like the Dansby pick up as well.

I simply feel we already know what we have on the team.  If we were the Browns, the preseason might prove to be more telling.
Us ??  Again, I think we know what we have.  I'll stick with 13-3.  There is no reason to think they take a huge step back.
If anything, Hue leaving may be the biggest concern for the offense, but the players are the ones executing and Zampese isn't new to the team.

I agree about knowing what we have and my prediction was based on no major early season ending injuries.  I also went conservative assuming the Bengals didn't learn the lesson with the Steelers new ploy of button pushing.

I also agree that, combined with the Bengals medical staff and Eifert's fragileness, this could turn into much longer down time then first anticipated.

I still say don't sleep on this defense.     Pre training camp predictions can go so wrong but it's all in fun and I think this defense can rival Marvin's Baltimore and Zimmer's top Bengal Units.

There is concern in the skill spots in the passing game with Eifert's injury but at the same time AJ Green was practically a decoy at time that past two years.  He has the talent if he got the targets he could push 1,700 yards etc.   That's basically a Sanu right there. 

I don't know what way Hill goes but I wouldn't be shocked if he came up with his best season. 

As for the defense they were solid last year and I think they have some young talent that could really put them over the top along with Dansby.  Big question there is DE depth and can they replace a great season from Nelson. 

But out of all the young (unproven) talent I think a couple of those guys they will hit with.  Dawson, Vigil, Billings, Jackson, Shaw, Dez, Hunt, Clarke, Williams. 

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Welp, pack it in, fellas. The kiss of death done got delivered. Bengals have no shot now.

That's all very interesting, but where is Pete buying coffee lately?  And what has Tom Brady had to say in the last few weeks?

I watched the game v minny a second time, and will be happy when eifert and tez return. 

They need Dunlap and Johnson to go big this year. The secondary is vulnerable, given Dennard and Dre are still on the upswing, and losing Nelson is a hit not yet felt or discussed much. 

Lbs will be good. Tez, vigil, DDawson, FNR, LNR. That's solid. 

Worrisome "was" the wrong group but I think they'll impress. Aj obviously is elite but Boyd, laFell and the others are pretty good. 

If Andy can get the ball out fast and not sail every 4th pass, they will be tough to stop. 

I'll venture a 13-3 on the high end, 10-6 on the low. Too much talent to take a step backwards. Division didn't improve much. Steelers are worse, to me. Ravens are average and Browns are not out of the rebuild phase yet. 1st or second seed is possibl, but with eifert and tez out, the start might be slow. 

This team should fear nothing. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kingwilly said:

I watched the game v minny a second time, and will be happy when eifert and tez return. 

They need Dunlap and Johnson to go big this year. The secondary is vulnerable, given Dennard and Dre are still on the upswing, and losing Nelson is a hit not yet felt or discussed much. 

Lbs will be good. Tez, vigil, DDawson, FNR, LNR. That's solid. 

Worrisome "was" the wrong group but I think they'll impress. Aj obviously is elite but Boyd, laFell and the others are pretty good. 

If Andy can get the ball out fast and not sail every 4th pass, they will be tough to stop. 

I'll venture a 13-3 on the high end, 10-6 on the low. Too much talent to take a step backwards. Division didn't improve much. Steelers are worse, to me. Ravens are average and Browns are not out of the rebuild phase yet. 1st or second seed is possibl, but with eifert and tez out, the start might be slow. 

This team should fear nothing. 

Pretty sure neither Iloka or Williams played that game.  I thought the coverage was terrible despite what Hobson says over at the spinzone