Fantasy Football 2016

6 hours ago, skyline said:

Yeah, Army.  It should be 9 Eastern/8 Central.

Only two that are not confirmed are Combat Bengals and Loch Ness Monsters.  It looks like Steve is already in.

If memory serves Scottish did quite well last season. Where the hell is he?

The boy and I are all set.  I've got him doing mock drafts and he's loving that to start.
The TexasPunishers.  See what happens when your kid comes to his own realization that he was born in Texas ??
I do like how his avatar relates though.  Well done on his part !!!

Fun stuff for sure !!!

• Like 1

I'm trying to explain all the rules and thought processes to drafting players.
He started off by saying, "I'm going to draft all the Texans" and I had to discuss the problems with that thought.
I'm sure he'll be targeting "some" Texans, but I'm trying to point him in the right direction.

I want to see him have fun with this and having a crappy team because you don't know how to draft sucks.
Him and I have been joining the same mock draft room and going through it together so he can get a feel.

When to fill positions, ranking of players, bye week implications, stuff like that.
We are having a good time with it to this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

He started off by saying, "I'm going to draft all the Texans" and I had to discuss the problems with that thought.
I'm sure he'll be targeting "some" Texans, but I'm trying to point him in the right direction.

I want to see him have fun with this and having a crappy team because you don't know how to draft sucks.
Him and I have been joining the same mock draft room and going through it together so he can get a feel.

When to fill positions, ranking of players, bye week implications, stuff like that.

Having steered him thus, you may now expect the Texans to be an offensive juggernaut the likes of which we have never seen... ;)

Oh don't get it twisted, that little dude still has his sights on some Texans players and I won't fault him for that.
However (as we know) there's a difference in having a couple of players from one team and ALL of your players from one team.

I'm one of those people that think the Texans will be a much improved team.
The offseason additions and draft looked pretty solid for them.
My boy thinks they are Super Bowl bound.  I say, "Of course they are"...

At this point in the season I don't rule any team out (except the Browns, I rule out the Browns).   The Texans have enough on defense (provided everyone can stay healthy and motivated) to be good enough to carry the offense through to a championship.  If Osweiler can give them the Flacco treatment (lousy QB that can string four exceptional performances together to lead his team to a championship) who knows.

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Sounds very fun to me.  Good luck to you and him.

My wife thinks it's funny and says I spend more time with him and fantasy football than I did on his multiplication tables.
In a response that she surely hates, I offer up a "you have to have priorities" and another favorite, "this is something that's actually useful".

Thankfully for me, she knows I'm kidding and the boy has known his multiplication since the 2nd grade.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, StLucieBengal said:

hello I am new to the board.    

Is there any openings for FF?   if so I would like to be included. 

Welcome StLucie. We'll see if we can get enough players for another league.

I wouldnt mind playing in two if we could line up enough players.

On 26/07/2016 at 2:43 AM, BengalszoneBilly said:

If memory serves Scottish did quite well last season. Where the hell is he?

Dang - sorry guys, been pretty hectic with a new job and also getting married (last Saturday) - if i'm too late then so be it but if there's still a slot then i'll play.  Didn't receive any email from Yahoo about the League starting up (??????) 

27 minutes ago, Scottishbengal said:

Didn't receive any email from Yahoo about the League starting up (??????) 

Oh yes i did, but it was in the Yahoo inbox and I hadn't been checking Yahoo since end of last seasons FF ....D'oh is me !!

4 hours ago, Scottishbengal said:

Dang - sorry guys, been pretty hectic with a new job and also getting married (last Saturday) - if i'm too late then so be it but if there's still a slot then i'll play.  Didn't receive any email from Yahoo about the League starting up (??????) 

Congrats on the marriage!

And the new job.