Training Camp

HoosierCat

On August 1, 2016 at 11:44 AM, kingwilly said:

On another topic, My oldest son is a Frosh football player now at a Trinity league school here in SoCal. He's been in the Early edge program since February and they begin their "Training camp" today. He's now 5'11 and 130', plays wr and cb, so he embarks on his HS football career. Got a little misty dropping him off this morning. Fucking dust in my contacts...

I remember seeing him play some time ago in some vids on here.  Probably not running the single wing any more!  Good luck to him.

• Like 1

Looks like Kroft went down with an injury today to his knee. He left on the cart so that can't be good.

Shawn Williams also left with an injury not to sure about his though

Edit: Kroft has a hyperextended knee and will get an MRI tomorrow.

Dennard has a sprained ankle.

sounds like guys keep going down 

1 hour ago, volcom69 said:

Looks like Kroft went down with an injury today to his knee. He left on the cart so that can't be good.

14 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Hopefully the reporting of this injury to Kroft, not being serious is correct.

6 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Fisher can even fulfill the FB, Blocking TE, and H-Back blocking duties. 

Yes, Fisher. I typed Watson for some unknown reason. But again, I think they've got the good at TE to get to Game 1, no vet needed here.

Saw some tweets over at Cincy Jungle that had Eifert on the alternate field working out with a trainer.   Next step will be seeing him running routes.   There is some still curious statements floated about that could have Eifert out until late September or even October.   Hopefully his workouts progress into Football work and not back into a boot. 

41 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Watching Jackson, you could clearly see his distaste for, and at times, disgust with, the phenomenon known as the modern player.  He was human, though.  I recall him criticizing Randy Moss.  Those discussions included a lot of audible sighs, and eye-rolling.  

Then Moss came on set a few times.  I think he might have had some type of job there for a while.  And you could see the change in Jackson as he got to know the person, not just the abstract stereotype.  He really like Randy Moss.  Jackson was a good dude, and I appreciated his no-nonsense demeanor, even though he was on a tv show that was all nonsense.  

ESPN really covered wrestling?  lol.    Once NFL Network came along,  ESPN died.   Only watch it now for games or the occasional 30 for 30.

Tom Jackson and Primetime highlight show back from the 90s was classic.  It's hard to think that highlight show is now outdated, along with the pregame show they do.

Really the only reason I watch ESPN now is in the morning to see highlights and even that is limited to having it on while getting dressed for work.
Most of the time, if I want to see football highlights, I check out NFL.com the next day and watch the videos.
ESPN ??  Not much anymore.

3 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

ESPN really covered wrestling?  lol.   

I s**t you not. They have whole half hour segments where it's all about the fake crap! I mean what the hell man. I cannot get to the remote fast enough to change the stinking channel!