Andy Drives Away With Gas Pump Still In Car

Link below, if we're to believe a guy on Twitter - and yes I believe it after his "flying suitcase" moment.  Another "knucklehead moment?"  Seriously who does this? Knuckleheads that's who.

https://puplist.com/2016/06/02/andy-dalton-drove-away-with-the-gas-pump-still-in-his-car-today-still-not-as-bad-as-driving-to-put-the-game-away-and-fumbling/

I've had more than my fair share of knucklehead moments for sure.
So much so, most are best left forgotten.

Ever get ready to go out on a combat mission and not remember where the hell you put your rifle ??
Yeah, I still get emails to this day from guys I haven't seen in 8 years about that one.

Such is life.  Dalton has certainly had his share to this point as well, as I suspect most of us have.

• Like 1

I will second that Army.  One of mine that I remember is seeing the sister of an old girlfriend, while my wife was pregnant.  After some small talk, I ask when the sister is due, trying to seem like I care.  She was just fat, man did I feel like an idiot that day.  I'm really glad that I have not seen that person since that day, almost 24 years ago.

To this day, I don't care who it is, if they don't say they are pregnant I pull the Sergeant Shultz out.  "I see nothing, I know nothing" and I keep my mouth shut about any bulging belly I see.

One time I commented on how I thought somebody looked better with a buzz cut.  I was scolded for being an asshole because his hair was falling from kemo.  I honestly had no idea he was sick.

I follow the same pregnancy rule.  I don't comment until they offer the information.

Hair styles.  Weight gain or loss.   It's worth it not to comment.   

Oh, here's a recent one from just yesterday at work in regards to the Cincinnati Zoo gorilla death.

I was asked my thoughts on the animal support groups protesting the shooting death of the gorilla.
Not know I was speaking to a HUGE animal rights guy, I popped off that society would be gain more from me if I went home and polished off half a bottle of good bourbon and jerked off until I blacked out.  Needless to say that didn't go over well.  Here I thought I was just speaking with another Army guy like myself, hence my comment.

Again, such is life...

48 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

For once, I can relate to Dalton.  His life has to be busy as hell.  He's got at least one toddler, I think maybe a second one.  Multiple homes, travels between them depending on work schedule.  Probably constantly juggling family demands, his agent, his team, training, his buddies from home, and on top of all that on a semi-regular basis he's looking for his lost luggage.  

Having been at points in my life where I was just stretched too thin, this is just the type of thing that happens.  You know what you're doing, but you forget where you are in the process and just plow forward.  I'd bet his cell phone was involved in this.  

A someone who used to work at a gas station BITD, driving off with the pump handle is far from the stupidest thing I've seen people do. Once I had to hit the emergency stop switch and shut down all the station's 10 pumps when I looked up from waiting on one customer to see some jackass starting to fill up his little red sports car while smoking a cigar. And then he proceeded to argue with me about putting it out until other customers started yelling at him.

Another dumbass tried to make a left turn into the station -- which meant driving over a foot-high concrete divider -- and got his car hung up in the middle of the road. (And yeah, this was like 2 a.m. and he was shitfaced,so that was fun to watch once the cops came.)

Do you remember when the Bengals were getting slammed on a regular basis for being thugs and low-lifes?  Isn't nice to talk about something like this that is so trivial.   The Bengals of the early 2000's were tough to root for....these Bengals make me proud to stand up and say I am a Bengals fan.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

On the Dalton contract:  His injury probably cost him about 5 mil.    He has escalators in the deal that jump his base up certain levels if he plays a certain percentage of snaps and makes divisional round, conference champ, and Superbowl.

Bengals were oh so close to getting a top seed to get to the divisional round.  Loses to Pittsburgh and Denver late in the regular season doomed them.   Andy would have given them a better chance to win those games.

Of course the Bengals had Pitt beat until Hill fumbled in the WC.   I think Dalton would have rolled up bigger numbers vs. Denver and Pitt as they used more zone to slow down the offense led by AJ.  Andy upped his game last year to pick apart soft coverage.

Looking towards 2016.  I don't think Andy Dalton has gotten enough credit from the season he had last year.  Pundits will automatically strike up Ben and Pittsburgh as a big advantage at the QB position.   Dalton was the better QB, last year.    

Well, the injury cost him in terms of recognition as well as money. Had he not gotten hurt and won a postseason game (or more) he would have gotten all the laurels he could handle.

As it was, though, he was getting a lot more respect last season. All the "prime meridian of QBs" BS had dried up and he was being recognized as a top-tier player. As long as he keeps up his game (and I have no reason to expect him not to) I think he will get elite billing soon enough.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Bengals to Dalton: don't ever try to make a tackle again, ginger.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/25/bengals-tell-dalton-to-stop-trying-to-make-tackles/

Good advice.