Here We Go Again!!!

gregcook68

12 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Wonderful.   Minimal surgery out for three months. 

Chase Coffman still in the league? 

The Bengals medical staff says 3 months.  Probably actually 6 months before we see him!!!

I don't believe in curses but this franchise has definitely got something going on now for year 48!!

So,just to review:

Jones gone.

Sanu gone

Eifert now ???

So basically Andy could be back to AJ and a bunch of guys who have never been in my kitchen...again. Man, if it wasn't for bad luck this team would have no luck at all.

34 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

What happened to the tests only showing a sprain after the pro bowl game ??
What happened to him only needing rest and being ready for offseason programs ??

Wow, how do you gloss over tests from f*cking February ??

In the interim the Bengals exercised their 5th year option on him.  

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

What happened to the tests only showing a sprain after the pro bowl game ??
What happened to him only needing rest and being ready for offseason programs ??

Wow, how do you gloss over tests from f*cking February ??

The team is laying out ye olde "not responding as we'd hoped" line. Why does that sound fami...oh, right,wasn't Burfict's knee "not responding the way they'd hoped" after he got scoped? SSDY. I don't know how this keeps happening either.

This guy's not proving to be durable.  I may have been drinking the kool-aid, looking at the roster with or without Eifert, there's a lot of unproven players at important positions who will have to take a load of snaps.  

Getting a bad feeling- Tyler Kroft is now your starting TE.... If Iloka or Williams gets a dinger, you start Josh Shaw or Derron Smith....

If AJ Green gets a dinger- ( he has a couple of times ) your WR1 is Lafell

19 hours ago, HoosierCat said:
Hell by the next update he'll be out for the year.

Don't remember all the details but this Eifert deal reminds me of Marvin Jones 2014.   He's coming back, he's coming back,  he's back ooops he's out for the season.   Same with Burfict.

Yup.Just part of a long history of lingering injuries, from Dre's knee to Palmer's elbow to Perry's groin to Richie Braham's infamous "bone bruise" (apparently known outside the Cincy locker room as a broken ****ing leg). There's a reason why long-time fans distrust the team's medical staff.

32 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Yup.Just part of a long history of lingering injuries, from Dre's knee to Palmer's elbow to Perry's groin to Richie Braham's infamous "bone bruise" (apparently known outside the Cincy locker room as a broken ****ing leg). There's a reason why long-time fans distrust the team's medical staff.

Have to be the worst in the league.

On the plus side,Coley reminds us that we have another TE who flashed some ability late last season when Eifragile got hurt.

While some of that burden will shift to Pro Bowler A.J. Green and running backs Jeremy Hill and Giovani Bernard, some of it will settle upon second-year standout Tyler Kroft too.

If Kroft didn't already know, his time in the limelight has arrived.

By the end of last season, Kroft had emerged as a legitimate backup to Eifert. Although he appeared in all 17 games (including the Bengals' playoff game against Pittsburgh), it wasn't until Week 12 that Kroft started popping up as an offensive playmaker on the stat sheet. His first career catch came that Sunday afternoon, when he hauled in a 4-yard pass as part of the Bengals' 31-7 win over the Rams.

Kroft worked his way up from one reception in the Week 13 win over the Browns to four in the Week 16 loss to the Broncos. In the Bengals' two final road games (at San Francisco in Week 15 and at Denver a week later), Kroft caught seven passes off nine targets. He also had 77 yards receiving and a touchdown in those two games.

Overall, Kroft had 11 catches for 129 yards and a touchdown last season.

Much of the late rise in Kroft's production was the result of more sideline time for Eifert. The veteran tight end dealt with a concussion and a stinger toward the end of the season

The season starts with road games against NYJ and PItt, then the home opener against Denver. Even if Eifert can go, my bet is Kroft will still take a lot of snaps since Eifert will be rehabbing and isn't likely to be fully in football shape now to start the year. We're going to need Kroft to build on his work late last year.

Next man up is as generic as it gets but also rings true.    This team has been a playoff qualifier for a long time and in order to do that you have to constantly redefine what the team's strengths are.

I don't really look at Tyler Kroft as filling the void.   I look at Dalton/AJ Green.     Green has the ability to be a 1,800 yard guy.   He was mainly a decoy last year.    Dalton and him have to up their chemistry and eliminate some of the negative plays that have occurred when they have forced the ball to him. 

I look at the OC getting away from Hue's magic and putting the line in a spot to maximize Jeremy Hill.   Of course, Hill already shoulders a lot of redemption.

On 24/05/2016 at 6:30 PM, HoosierCat said:

I swear it's like he's made of fine china.

The Brandon Ghee of TE's !!