5th Round: Chris Westerman OG, Arizona State

HoosierCat

Speaking of Alexander, this is his most recent comments on Bodine and our OL from the mothership:

After fielding a few questions about Westerman's ability to move to center, Alexander took the opportunity to defend the team's current starter Russell Bodine who has had bouts of inconsistency in his first two NFL seasons.

"Let me tell you about Bodine," said Alexander. "He's better than Clint Bolingicon-article-link.gif was after two years. He's similar to what Kevin Zeitlericon-article-link.gif was - Zeitler didn't start out all that great. And then I was talking to Whit about Rich Braham and he said, 'Don't compare Bodine to Rich Braham.' And I said, 'Whit. Rich Braham didn't step on the field until his third year.' This is a young player in his second year who is playing with a bunch of veterans that are very good offensive lineman and he's the last one right now because he's the youngest. But I don't care what anybody says - I think Bodine is going to be a helluva player.

"I just think that he's young. If you look at his birth date, he's the same age as the kids in this draft. He came out two years early. He's incredibly strong and tough and just needs to learn how to do it. It's going to come."

Kinda odd comment.    Whit didn't join the team until 2006.    Then Braham was entrenched as the "Whit" at that time.    Braham only played 1 game in 2006 or 1.5 games, can't remember and was replaced by Guy-check.

Of course Whit is going to have Halo effect man crush on Braham.

Alexander is rightfully speaking from a Point of view that Braham was trashed constantly because he was wavier wire pick up and played early.   It wasn't until Parcels tried to sign him a RFA that Braham started getting some respect as a player.   Although he never got true respect until they fixed the major hole at LT and then fans saw the value when they extended at 1 year deals because they couldn't find a better Center.

Whit should understand because there's still a small undercurrent that believes he can't play Left Tackle from some fans.