Third Day

TJJackson

8 hours ago, TJJackson said:

WR with speed and return ability
Pass rushing DT
Center
Kicker
interior OL - prefer raw superb athlete over experienced/polished guy lacking athleticism
Cover S, return skills a big plus

Alford

Pass Rushing DT

Center

Kicker

OG/C

Shaw

So really they need to look for a Rush DT, Center that can play OG and a PK

I think WR or S is a secondary need now.

10 hours ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

I don't give a crap about needs from the 4th round onward.  Find impact players at any position and I'm good.  I do think DT is a hole, but it's too late to get a reliable fix for that without just getting lucky.

Geno Atkins was a 4th rounder.  Lucky?  Maybe.

We'll see.

What I look for here are guys like the Ravens just took, a corner with all the skills and production but who drops because of height and size. IIRC that was the knock on Geno, he fell in part because his physical measurables weren't ideal. So look for guys who produced but lack ideal measurables. If they can perfect technique to offset that like Geno did they can break out.

1 minute ago, HoosierCat said:

What I look for here are guys like the Ravens just took, a corner with all the skills and production but who drops because of height and size. IIRC that was the knock on Geno, he fell in part because his physical measurables weren't ideal. So look for guys who produced but lack ideal measurables. If they can perfect technique to offset that like Geno did they can break out.

The funny thing about Geno was that his knock was his lack of height but it's his lack of height that allows him to get incredible leverage.  He's strong and compact.  You could see that from the first preseason game in 2010 that he was going to be a great player.

5th round

Gimme the BPA (valuing athletic ability and smarts over experience at this point) of the following, in no particular order

Interior lineman, preferably one who can play center, prefer pass blocking talent to run blocking talent

Speed WR with return ability

Coverage S preferably with return ability

Kicker

15 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I want DeAndre Houston-Carson the S from William and Mary or Keyarris Garrett from Tulsa.  You also have Cash from Duke, Kearse from Clemson, and Powell from OSU...I think this is Safety.

One of these guys will be there in the 6th