With the 24th Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals Select

combatbengal

I mentioned it in my post yesterday that it simply comes down to how the coaches feel about LaFell.
If they truly believe they are getting something closer to the 2014 LaFell, why bother with taking a WR early ??
We are talking about a rookie WR who would be sharing receiving production with AJ, Tyler, LaFell, and Gio.
I imagine they feel confident in adding WR's later in the game considering their success there in the past.
Sanu was a 3rd rounder and M. Jones was a 5th.  Be patient and see what shakes out.
No worries here at this point.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

I love the way they finally come to terms with the reach on CB and state that DT is deep so on to the second round.  I hope the Bengals grab the last quality DT right ahead of them in the second round also.

How can they be so upset with the Bengals, when it was our team that got screwed out of the playoff win?

1 hour ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

I love the way they finally come to terms with the reach on CB and state that DT is deep so on to the second round.  I hope the Bengals grab the last quality DT right ahead of them in the second round also.

How can they be so upset with the Bengals, when it was our team that got screwed out of the playoff win?

If there's a silver lining to losing that playoff game, it's that we got to c*ck block the Steelers in the first round of the draft. Reading the fan reactions has been pretty cathartic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I mentioned it in my post yesterday that it simply comes down to how the coaches feel about LaFell.
If they truly believe they are getting something closer to the 2014 LaFell, why bother with taking a WR early ??
We are talking about a rookie WR who would be sharing receiving production with AJ, Tyler, LaFell, and Gio.
I imagine they feel confident in adding WR's later in the game considering their success there in the past.
Sanu was a 3rd rounder and M. Jones was a 5th.  Be patient and see what shakes out.
No worries here at this point.

This rookie class of WRs were constantly described as "solid" by the pundits.   I think the Bengals will still add bodies to the group and time will tell if there are any elite prospects from this WR class but  reality you describe is very true and accurate.

3 hours ago, volcom69 said:

So many good d-lineman on the board from what I'm reading, so that might be there next pick 

I'm going to bet they go offense and take a receiver. Gunther got a gift last night because they clearly wanted to draft a fresh wideout for Dalton and Zampese. And they've demonstrated repeatedly before that they are quite willing to reach in the second round. Hopefully whoever they pick works out better than Rome.

Brugler mocks Sterling Shepard to them at 54...

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25570785/nfl-mock-draft-browns-nab-myles-jack-and-bama-rules-in-round-2

zierlein has Shepard gone and the bengals passing on Thomas to take DT Andrew Billings. Gives us WR Charone Peake in the 3rd.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000657589/article/rounds-23-nfl-mock-draft-jaguars-stop-myles-jacks-fall

6 hours ago, Walrus said:

If there's a silver lining to losing that playoff game, it's that we got to c*ck block the Steelers in the first round of the draft. Reading the fan reactions has been pretty cathartic.

I am totally jazzed we took those fuckers favorite corner. I just hope this CB can handle Antonio Brown or tackle Leveon Bell. 

On to 55...