What DRAFT prospects tickle your fancy?

AMPHAR

I think one of the picks has gotta be Peko's eventual replacement

Google said this about Jaylon Smith's knee:

"Smith’s peroneal nerve remains asleep, leaving him unable to lift his left foot or swing it out to the side. It’ll be months before doctors have a better idea whether and to what degree the nerve will wake up."

Thus, if they spend a 1 on Smith, yes, nad kicking will commence.  

37 minutes ago, Scottishbengal said:

I think one of the picks has gotta be Peko's eventual replacement

Yeah.   DT is so deep in this draft supposedly.   The saying has been 1st round talents will be had in the 3rd round.   I think it's a prime opportunity to add a DT.

You guys do know I have no actual ability to influence this decision so if nad kicking is required you would be better off stalking the Bengals brass than driving 14 hours to see me.

This being said there is another report from his surgeon that the knee should be 100% with a year of rehab.  So much misinformation and barring a look at the Bengals official medical report I go on my gut which is to say that Jaylon Smith (provided the knee renabs at 100%) is the best player in this draft and for that at #24 I will wait a year.

Rumor mill is ramping up to 120% power now. Newest one is Marvin trying to get ahead of Zim to take Doctson.

Vikes are at 23 so leapfrogging them would cost at least a 4th or a 5+6 per ye olde trade value chart. I say at least because I dunno how high they might have to go to find a trade partner. For obvious reasons I wouldn't expect anything to happen until after halfway through the first round.

Would be interesting. We haven't had a smaller receiver like that in Cincy since ... who?? Would Andy be able to take advantage of his speed? Would he be able to overcome his horrible drops? He's down a bit on my list, too, but I actually like him better than Coleman.

Had to drop back in and say hey to everyone.  You guys know how much I love the draft.

If there was any year where you could truly say and mean "Best Player Available" it would be this one.
I think it all hinges on how they view the players they currently have on the roster.
Will the addition of LaFell keep them from going WR early ??  What about Hardison's impact at the DT/DE spots ??
Things like that are quick food for thought...

If I was going to take a quick guess at things, I think the Bengals would like to see something like this shake out:

1. Corey Coleman, WR
2. Sean Davis, CB
3. Javon Hargrave, DT
4. Miles Killebrew, S
5. Chris Moore, WR
6. Depth wherever, maybe O-line
7, Depth wherever, maybe LB

That being said, I could see them going many different ways in the first.  LB would be the position I could see going earlier.
As much as I might like to see a new center early (Kelly), I don't see it happening and why bother later on ??

Anyway, just thought I'd stop by to say hey.  Enjoy the draft.

Later,
Mark

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Had to drop back in and say hey to everyone.  You guys know how much I love the draft.

If there was any year where you could truly say and mean "Best Player Available" it would be this one.
I think it all hinges on how they view the players they currently have on the roster.
Will the addition of LaFell keep them from going WR early ??  What about Hardison's impact at the DT/DE spots ??

If I was going to take a quick guess at things, I think the Bengals would like to see something like this shake out:

1. Corey Coleman, WR
2. Sean Davis, CB
3. Javon Hargrave, DT
4. Miles Killebrew, S
5. Chris Moore, WR

That being said, I could see them going many different ways in the first.  LB would be the position I could see going earlier.
As much as I might like to see a new center early (Kelly), I don't see it happening and why bother later on ??

Later,
Mark

I was wondering when you were going to show up Mark.

Well if Lap says Fuller then it's probably Fuller, unless he is gone lol.

Well this is the first year I have not really studied or even looked at draft picks. For some reason this year I couldn't get into it like I did other years. Not sure if I'll even watch the draft but I'll follow it on Twitter for sure to see who goes where. 

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

1. Corey Coleman, WR
2. Sean Davis, CB
3. Javon Hargrave, DT
4. Miles Killebrew, S
5. Chris Moore, WR

Later,
Mark

I had about given up on you, draft season has not been the same without your input.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

gonna go with Peter Warrick

Interesting comparison, and obviously an unfortunate one. Their size is similar (Fuller is 6' vs Warrick at 5'11") but Warrick also ran a pedestrian 4.58 40. Warrick's game was just different - more versatile (as a returner, out of the backfield, trick plays).

Nice to check in with you guys as well. 

I haven't been keeping up with the draft this year as in years past, but I have read a little bit about the players.

I really don't think the Bengals "have" to take a WR in the first, but I don't think it's that great of a draft for the position.
One WR I like later on as well is Burbridge from Michigan State.  I know what they say about him, but whenever I watched the Spartans he simply made plays.
7 TD's on the year, averaging almost 15 YPC of his 85 receptions for the season.

NFL propaganda site summarizes Fuller as follows:

"Fuller doesn't check all the boxes with his slight frame, below average hands and limitations with his game-­by­-game production, but he possesses the coveted ability to hit the big play and score touchdowns. "

Then the site goes on to say he's comparable to Ted Ginn Jr, I guess because they both lack catching ability but can run past people.  Though I doubt Fuller can run past guys to the degree Ginn does.  They want someone to pull the safety off Green, this dude could do it.  

22 minutes ago, Kazkal said:

This is probably the least I've ever followed the draft unfortently been busy but with that being said still excited does anyone know where you can watch it online?have cable tv atm but no NFL network or espn

If nothing else we will have the picks posted here.